• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear of sled severe sag...... Pls help

So I rode 250km today, I even put my torsion springs back on 2 and it rode amazing. Half the time I stopped it was "sagged down" a bunch and the other half it was fine. And it was pretty much all flat terrain, so weird.
I am having similar issues on my 17 LTX-LE .
Sag and bottoming .
Had my shocks done end of ly , so I figured its my torsions , as I constantly carry heavy tunnel bag , and big Linq gas can .
Ordered the 5 position cam from Star .
Will see how that helps.

I bet Cochrane was crazy this weekend eh!!
Trail around here(Sudbury area) should be opening this week with all the snow in forcast
It was super busy last week (Wed-Fri) but on Friday the trails were ROUGH (60km from Smooth Rock to Cochrane basically 2ft moguls the whole way but it's a combination of lots of traffic, warm weather, sugary snow and no time to groom everything every single minute but the groomers did a great job and caught up) but after Friday I think a bunch of people went home. Could also be because we moved from Cochrane to Timmins and started there cuz surprisingly Sat/Sunday was very quiet and the trails were really good.

Ok, had some time tonight to pull the skid finally, shocks seem to work as they should, I re-greassed and put it back together. When I measure the sag I'm right at 3" which is my target and when I lift the rear and lower down the track hits the floor flat which is also what I'm aiming for.

There's just this area at the top of the travel that seems weird, maybe I just never noticed this before? Here's a video.

Is that simply the front arm of the rear suspension moving in the "slot"?

Good question, I haven't looked at that and you might be right? Seemingly everything looks good. This is what happens when there's no snow, too much time in the garage lol

Good question, I haven't looked at that and you might be right? Seemingly everything looks good. This is what happens when there's no snow, too much time in the garage lol
LOL! I can relate. Waiting for snow, I'd go over and over and over my sled hoping I could find something to work on. The corollary to "don't fix it if it ain't broke" is "fix it til it is broke." LOL

Ok, had some time tonight to pull the skid finally, shocks seem to work as they should, I re-greassed and put it back together. When I measure the sag I'm right at 3" which is my target and when I lift the rear and lower down the track hits the floor flat which is also what I'm aiming for.

There's just this area at the top of the travel that seems weird, maybe I just never noticed this before? Here's a video.

I just put the 5 sided Star cam on at the 4th setting , which is more than stock , and it still has as much or more travel than you have that doesn't return , even though it appears the sit on sag is 3inches .
I also regreased the shafts , and no diff.
This is a pic of the new cam on the softest setting.
IMG_1177.jpg

I just put the 5 sided Star cam on at the 4th setting , which is more than stock , and it still has as much or more travel than you have that doesn't return , even though it appears the sit on sag is 3inches .
I also regreased the shafts , and no diff.
This is a pic of the new cam on the softest setting.View attachment 152182

I have thr Yamaha 4 sided block and same difference, it's got to be the "slide action" that's doing that as the front arm slides on thr shaft as suggested which should be "normal".

Normal, same on all sleds.

It’s called shock fade. Synthetic oil helps but it’s normal.
Sounds like standard fox oil was used to rebuild them, next time use AMS shock oil.

It’s called shock fade. Synthetic oil helps but it’s normal.
Sounds like standard fox oil was used to rebuild them, next time use AMS shock oil.
The new sleds in the showroom don't appear to sag .
So I thought it might be a temp related issue , but mine still sags no matter indoors /outdoors on cement floor or snow , greased or no grease .
Even right after the shocks being serviced , and ridden once , it has that sag.
So maybe there is an inherant sag in the torsions onced used , no matter what setting the cam is at ?

The new sleds in the showroom don't appear to sag .
So I thought it might be a temp related issue , but mine still sags no matter indoors /outdoors on cement floor or snow , greased or no grease .
Even right after the shocks being serviced , and ridden once , it has that sag.
So maybe there is an inherant sag in the torsions onced used , no matter what setting the cam is at ?

Well it can also depend on how much nitrogen charge the shock rebuilder used.

Back