• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Rack Storage Ideas

outhuntin

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Polaris Ranger
Hello, Wanting to use my lite for mainly ice fishing and the rest touring and maybe a bit of trapping around home. Is there any members that have designed a storage box for the back of the rack? I would like to store my flasher and tackle in there and possibly make some rod holders on the sides to run-n-gun on the lake. I did see one members red motorcycle box idea..Nice idea but not my cup of tea. I have seen many designs on the lake from wood to diamond plate or even hard plastic quad 2-ups but haven't seen any ideas for the venture. Thanks

I used to have the motorcycle trunk but took it off and the rear seat when it broke. I now just use an action-packer type box held with bungee cords. Fits perfectly sideways in the rack.

I'm all about fishing but I pull a skimmer. The flasher rides in the rack and I have two other small packs on the sled. One full of ropes, comealong, ice screw, saw and emergency stuff in case I find myself geographically challenged. The other gets repacked daily depending on conditions and the nature of the trip.

All the fishing stuff is in the skimmer. The Cdn. Tire 6 footers are 180,120 on sale. Hitch is 60, never on sale. If I put any value on my time I can't touch that. I put a folded double 6 by 8 tarp over it and several rubber straps. I've kept the Bravo as a back up so if Blue is out of commission I'm not.

I bought an EMGO scooter/motorcycle trunk and mounted it to a piece of gray composite decking. The decking is screwed to the frame of the rear rack and also uses pipe hangers underneath to secure it. Can be locked and completely removed to use as a saddle back. Completely waterproof. I keep supplies in there like jumper cables, extra shield, tow rope, hat, etc. Sometime bring along my lunch too.

I use this tote from Canadian Tire fits perfect and is lockable to hold all that stuff
P2110134.JPG

Went out and spent some money on this one but I will work perfect for my needs and last as long as I have the sled.
uploadfromtaptalk1456775321029.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456775333999.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456775345614.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456775353614.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Looks like it was made for it. Where did you get it? Expensive?

Ya custom done by a welding shop. 500. There is a false bottom in it too. That way I can store less used things down there and my tackle and flasher up top

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Very functional!

http://yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail...Id=19&subGroupId=15&categoryId=64&itemId=2016

I always keep my eye out for accessories for my MP, I think this is new for 2016 and since I haven't seen mention of it in our section I'm posting it up here. I know Outhuntin was looking for something for fishing and has already found a solution. I thought it better to put it here rather than start a new thread.

It is weathproof, secureable, 69liters. I operate on more of an Action Packer budget but as these thing go the price isn't awful. More pics in the VK Pro section, Luggage and Towing thread, where I found this.

If I got one I'd line it with tin foil, run a 12v heater off my accessory plug and do my Christmas turkey while I was riding.
Whaaat?

http://yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail...Id=19&subGroupId=15&categoryId=64&itemId=2016

I always keep my eye out for accessories for my MP, I think this is new for 2016 and since I haven't seen mention of it in our section I'm posting it up here. I know Outhuntin was looking for something for fishing and has already found a solution. I thought it better to put it here rather than start a new thread.

It is weathproof, secureable, 69liters. I operate on more of an Action Packer budget but as these thing go the price isn't awful. More pics in the VK Pro section, Luggage and Towing thread, where I found this.

If I got one I'd line it with tin foil, run a 12v heater off my accessory plug and do my Christmas turkey while I was riding.
Whaaat?

I bought this trunk a few ears back for the multi purpose. It truly is not designed for the sled. It sort of fits. But its crappy. It's monstrous and it doesn't secure tightly. Thumbs down from me.

Yes, 63 liters is sizeable but I think all my gear would fill it. I know I couldn't get it all into the Action Packer. At a glance what I don't like is the volume in the lid, that is above the line between the top and bottom. Open it up and if it is full to the top stuff falls out. Hope that makes sense. If it doesn't don't lose any sleep over it.

Yamaha used to have one for the MP that was basically a square box with padding on top to use instead of the passenger seat. The early MP's didn't come with the passenger seat so they offered another option instead of paying $1200 at the time. Iirc, it was $160
MP Trunk.jpg

I had one and sold it after one season. Padding was just too hard and was not suitable for any kind of long distance riding. Box was pretty big. No longer produced by Yamaha so they have become rare. I regret selling mine since I mostly ride solo now.

Last edited:
Yeah because it can be used in place of the passenger seat. Well worth the money.

Back