• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recall - Exhaust Shield

75northface

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
- 2017 Sidewinder XTX SE
- 2016 SR Viper LTX DX
- 1997 Mach Z
Just talked to a local dealer and he had indicated that there is a recall on the aluminum exhaust shield (due to cracking).

Sounds like the dealer has ordered shields for every SW they sold - all shields to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just talked to a local dealer and he had indicated that there is a recall on the aluminum exhaust shield (due to cracking).

Sounds like the dealer has ordered shields for every SW they sold - all shields to be replaced.

Sure enough...here's mine - this is where it starts I'm told...
ec2cf2ccacd4f67b7a14bbd73fa6ee84.jpg

How many miles on your sled?

Seen the recall notice at my dealer yesterday. He said he got five new heat shields in yesterday waiting for the rest. Is gonna swap mine when I gets the oil changed. They are changing the heat shield from stainless steel (cracking) to a new aluminum one.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Is this recall only in Canada? I asked my dealer yesterday and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I would assume it is sidewinder wide but have no idea. Maybe we get to guinea pig the new part first who knows

Reactions: AXR
All I remember from the notice was the change in material ss to aluminum and a 0.6hr allowance

My dealer has them in stock and is changing mine while Yamaha inspects my sled due to my seized bolts issue.

My shield is cracked in two places. Oh well it will work till parts become available.

Back