• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recognition to clubs

stohlem

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE, 2014 Apex XTX
Hi Everyone, We as snowmobile club members know the dedication and hard work it takes to put in, maintain, and take out the trails. Always looking for new members. I'd like to start a thread recognizing clubs. I'll start:
Oaks Ridge Riders- Roscoe, Illinois

Great idea. I'll give a shout out to my local club, Cato Trailblazers.

Lets not forget all the volunteers that support these clubs, too. Unless you ride the Old Forge area, all of NY is 100% club volunteers. Its sad, but our club has over 200 members and the same 15-20 people do the groomer maintenance, tree cutting, brush mowing and trail signing every year. I am 46 and considered the young one. We all know there are are plenty of 18-25 year old's who will be the first ones on the trails when it snows ripping it up. Where are they when trails need to be signed or when we have to pull the hydraulics from the groomer for a rebuild? I am happy to donate 40 + hours of my time to have great local trails for myself and my kids to ride. Plus, its a great way to get my fat a$$ outside and get a little extra exercise before the season starts.

Benzie~Manistee Snowbirds - Kaleva /Thompsonville Mi
Giving them a big thanks for all they do , This is in the lower portion of Michigan located in KALEVA MI , They maintain 162 miles of trails are groomed trails and connects to groomed Wellston Winter Trails. There you have another 64 miles of winding and straight tracks going through the Huron-Manistee National Forest. Add on connecting Leelanau trail, Cadillac trail or Irons trail for many more riding miles.
I have been riding this area for many years and with our very large family that all rides, we always stay in Thompsonville mi, right along the trail @ Crystal adventures , they rent real log cabins and xl cabins for 12 plus , The trail system has many different types of terrain and great that Michigan scenery ,

Seney Snowmobile Association in Seney, MI
https://www.seneysnowmobiling.com/

Thanks for all the work you guys put in not only grooming the trails during the season but preparing them for the upcoming season. And last but definitely not least, a huge shout-out to all you do organizing the veterans snowmobile ride in March.

Last edited:

Back