• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recommended rear skid for Nytro.

lund

Pro
What are some recommended rear skids out there for the Ntro MTX. I run a 174 with Ice age rails but stock components, i realy dont like the yami rear skid and its POOR handling characteristics. I like technical riding and climbing, so i need something that can hold a lines.

What year is your sled?? On a poll over an SW Timbersled holds a VERY slight lead over KMOD and then the rest are following their lead. I have a TS but if i had it to do over again i would be looking hard at the KMOD. They both work well but go at it in a slightly different manner. I have heard the lightweight Yammi skid is not worth it and doesnt work well at all. but that is only reading from the forums. anything is an improvement over the heavy sto

I have not been willing to spend that kind of cash on the rear skid. I am (and would recommend as well) saving my pennies for a new front end. That may help hold the line better than the rear skid in my opinion.

I am going to try out the 155 pro skid with a 162 track. Supposed to be a direct bolt on? I guess we shall see. Ill be doing that this summer

Vmax4 said:
I have not been willing to spend that kind of cash on the rear skid. I am (and would recommend as well) saving my pennies for a new front end. That may help hold the line better than the rear skid in my opinion.

Last week i took out the front a-arms in a chute so i installing new CR a-arms. They are a narrower and move the spindle foreward.
This should help the sled.

I like my TS skid as well. I ran the Fox Floats that it came with for a few rides, then went to the ZBroz X1 for the rear and this is a FAR superior setup.

Attachments

• P1020192 (Small).JPG
    P1020192 (Small).JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 251
I have a TS skid with 162" Iceage rails. I like it. But, like Dave B I upgraded the rear shock. I went with a Fox Float with piggyback reservoir. Much better than the original float TS provided. TS didn't offer the Z-brox Exit shock at the time, or I would have gone with that.

Does Allen offer TS skid with floats at front and zbrox at the rear? Are we talkin´ purely x1 shocks or is even the budget zbros a better choise over the float?

Back