• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Red 09 Apex Paint Stress Crack Cover Up

engineman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Apex LTX, 2010 Vector LTX GT, 1996 Indy 500 SKS
Hello All,

Riding this weekend up by Brule WI. On Friday, after the big snow up there, rounding a corner in loose stuff and ran out of talent, went wide and smacked a tree at about 5mph dead center in the front. Broke the bumper and bent other stuff and put stress cracks in the paint at the nose of the hood.

Question - Since a new hood is well north of $300 and the damage was light right at the front I thought a simple sticker type of material to cover it would suffice. Maybe something colored close or darker than the hood now. Does anyone have any advice on where I might source something like that? I would guess a square foot would be plenty for my needs.

Thanks!

Cheap Steve :Rockon:

Thanks for the replies! The sled is red in color. I will check Amazon/Ebay - thanks!

kidastra - If you have some to sell please let me know.

Thanks & best regards,

Steve :Rockon:

I just checked on Amazon an I can get a small piece for ~ $8.00 delvered so I will go that route.

Thanks again for the replies - Having the correct keywords for searching helped a lot!!

Best regards,

Steve :Rockon:

yeah, vinyl isn't pricey at all, if you are careful you can get it to conform to curves quite well, heating it can help stretch and shrink it. you should also apply it wet (soapy water solution) and squeegee (credit card works too) the water out working from the middle out, will help prevent air bubbles

Cool! Thanks for the advice! Should be similar to installing the 3M film on the gastank of my streetbike - baby shampoo/water mixture to allow it to slide around and simple squeegie to get out the bubbles and get it set in place. The only difference is the adhesive on the vinyl is probably different than the 3M protection film.

Steve :4STroke:

Back