• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Regarding skid mounting holes

Alatalo

TY 4 Stroke Master
Kalix, Sweden. Latitude: 65.846 N. Longitude: 23
The MTX SE has got two rear mounting holes for the skid - an upper and a lower option.
The sleds are delivered with the skid mounted in the upper hole, but it is obvious that more than one forum member has also tried the lower hole.
What is everybodys experience of the upper vs. lower mounting hole...?
Pros and cons...?

Note - picture stolen from one of OFT's posts - I hope you do not mind...?

Attachments

• Rear_Mounting_Hole.JPG
    Rear_Mounting_Hole.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 174

I really didn't notice a difference when I put mine in lower hole. I would assume it should change approach.

seems like lately I have read alot of people running in the upper hole, cause I have wondered the same thing

To me the upper hole works better for boondocking, easier to lift teh front end. The lower hole for climbing and deeper snow. Thats just my personal findings.

The uper hole hole will aloow the suspension to work better and have better weight transfer.

Ok boys im in need of some guidance i have a 06 rage rs and in the process of putting in her a 151 out of a Vector already purchased 8 toothed front drive now looking for new mounting location as i was told it should bolt in lol thanks in advance

Back