• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Regulator Rectifier Location 2014 Viper

Jonny Yammy

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper XTX
looking for some help! On a ride yesterday and about way through the day my battery went dead and had to boost. That carried on for the rest of the day everytime I turned the sled off I needed to boost. Checked the fuses and the cable connections etc. everything was good. I left it idle when we stopped for a second and I got the low voltage code and she shut off. Boosted one final time to get back and on my why back, while I was driving I was getting idle air control system voltage high. So I reckon stator was putting out voltage and the receiver wasn't transfering. Looking to test the stator and receiver rectifier but can't find it easily. Any help is appreciated

Has it had the latest flash? You could've had starter kickback and had a tooth from the starter gear wreck the stator?

Has it had the latest flash? You could've had starter kickback and had a tooth from the starter gear wreck the stator?

I'm not sure I bought used from previous owner. Any idea where the regulatory rectifier is?

I'm not sure I bought used from previous owner. Any idea where the regulatory rectifier is?
Not sure, but I've been on this site for about 8 years and when people have charging problems, its usually the stator. And usually the stator is screwed from starter kickback. I'd get the sled to a dealer to see if it has had the flash. It's free and they can tell if it has had it just from the VIN #. Also there is a big settlement announced over this exact issue all over the internet. Look through the FAQs for charging issue information. The amount of info there is staggering but very helpful.

Its mounted on the right side of the Bulkhead as your sitting on sled. What did the voltmeter on your gauge say for voltage? It could be lot of things even your new battery.

I am trying to eliminate the battery at this point. Need to know the voltage of battery. If its 12.5 and it doesnt go up when engine is revved there is further issue. If its less than 12.5 without engine running and key off. Tested at battery then its either the battery or a bad connection. Can figure that out also.

I am trying to eliminate the battery at this point. Need to know the voltage of battery. If its 12.5 and it doesnt go up when engine is revved there is further issue. If its less than 12.5 without engine running and key off. Tested at battery then its either the battery or a bad connection. Can figure that out also.

reads 12.5 when off and it doesn't move when you rev.

reads 12.5 when off and it doesn't move when you rev.
Ok then that’s battery voltage. Stator is good. So your right either regulator is bad and not letting any current to battery or there is a open in the circuit such as blown fuse. Or both.

Back