• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relax! Yamaha is not lying Down.

dgjr636

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX LE
Just had a sit down in person meeting with the Yamaha snowmobile Division /Yam-a-God’s today. They are definitely looking to push forward. They had many questions for me as being a multi line dealer and being a solid Snowmobile rider myself. They really wanted my input as a dealer and rider.

They asked many questions and here is just a few important ones.
What do Snowmobile riders want?

Units needed for the future of Snowmobiles.
Horse Power / speed.
Suspension/ Shock packages.
Handling.
Weight.
Power Steering.
Rider Comfort.
Adjustability.
Track options.
Ski’s.
Colors / style.
Storage/ Accessories.
Promotions/ Rebates.
Warranties.
Price.
and Etc.

This is my eyes is not a Company looking to surrender but cares about the Yamaha snowmobiler’s needs and wants to succeed in the future. I believe they are looking long and beyond AC/Textron’s involvement for future snowmobile sales.

Just my speculation!!

Yes thanks for sharing that, Hopefully Yamaha will start and build Yamaha's sleds again, I don't think Cat will be around much longer, a couple years maybe till Textron pulls the plug, will see

Good news but in reality if Yamaha is only doing their marketing research now they are still evaluating what to manufacture then the cost to build and market plus the new line of sleds and engines needs to be tested. Ground zero to sleds at dealers is 2-5 year endeavor. I hoped they were good to go it alone now but doesn’t sound like Yamaha knows what to produce or the cost yet. It’s good Yamaha is asking consumer questions but I’m very surprised Yamaha doesn’t already know what we want.

Just had a sit down in person meeting with the Yamaha snowmobile Division /Yam-a-God’s today. They are definitely looking to push forward. They had many questions for me as being a multi line dealer and being a solid Snowmobile rider myself. They really wanted my input as a dealer and rider.

Horse Power / speed.
Handling.
Weight.
Power Steering.
Rider Comfort.
Adjustability.
Track options.
Ski’s.
Colors / style.
Storage/ Accessories.
Promotions/ Rebates.
Warranties.
Price.
and Etc.

This is my eyes is not a Company looking to surrender but cares about the Yamaha snowmobiler’s needs and wants to succeed in the future. I believe they are looking long and beyond AC/Textron’s involvement for future snowmobile sales.

Just my speculation!!

Sounds like your describing the Apex,

Horse Power / speed.
Handling.
Weight.
Power Steering.
Rider Comfort.
Adjustability.
Track options.
Ski’s.
Colors / style.
Storage/ Accessories.
Promotions/ Rebates.
Warranties.
Price.
and Etc.

Just my speculation!!
Really interesting :)
#1 YAMAhA reliability please

I am sure they are constantly asking questions- seeking answers. To think this is the first and only time they have done this with a dealer or consumers is foolish.

Agree with 74Nitro and Whitedust. If they are doing this now they surely haven't been paying attention to this site.................
Yamaha product evaluations should be about where the market will be in 2 to 5 years surely they don’t want to build to current specs and build sleds 2-5 years later? I thought Yamaha was ready to go in 2021 with at least an Apex /Vector new platform. Seems the SW and Viper market is saturated so easy to add new Apex and Vector platforms to ease out the procross without going cold turkey. So many Yamaha faithful like a chassis that is straight legs and easy to transition to stand up a good comparison would be the Doo XP for sitting position.

Sounds like your describing the Apex,

That was, and still is one tough sled with a true bulletproof motor and clutches. Amen to that! But I doubt that their interest is going backwards to that OLD chassis, but really hope they follow the Yamaha philosophy of reliability and not Cat’s philosophy of High Maintenance Sleds!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamaha needs to build more than what current Yamaha riders want. They need to build what current Cat,Doo, and Poo riders want and do it better, in order to get them away from those brands. Bottom line build a 850cc 2 stroke with 170 hp that doesn't blow up and can realistically achieve 10,000 miles. Along with a good ride and handling chassis like a Cat, Doo, Poo and you will sell a ton. I enjoy my turbo but I think i'd buy a Yamaha made 850 smoker.

Yamaha needs to build more than what current Yamaha riders want. They need to build what current Cat,Doo, and Poo riders want and do it better, in order to get them away from those brands. Bottom line build a 850cc 2 stroke with 170 hp that doesn't blow up and can realistically achieve 10,000 miles. Along with a good ride and handling chassis like a Cat, Doo, Poo and you will sell a ton. I enjoy my turbo but I think i'd buy a Yamaha made 850 smoker.

It doesn't needs to go 10000 miles.
The other brand's don't, yet the owners of those are falling all over themselves to buy another one or a new engine at least.

It doesn't needs to go 10000 miles.
The other brand's don't, yet the owners of those are falling all over themselves to buy another one or a new engine at least.
It’s pretty easy to make sheep go “baaaa”

Back