• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relocator kit - black diamond? OTC? CR? Or ?

Mcmarkrazz

Veteran
Got a 2013nytro the other day and need to get the bars forward for a better ride asap.

Need some feedback on which relocator kit to go with.is the forward movement the same with all or does one make offer more forward positioning.
Also input on how hard they were to install.
Thanks

I have the oft and have had it on my sled for two years and love it. Great product, great quality. :yam:

You won't find anyone say anything bad about the OFT...I went with the BDX and love it...a little more cash but I found one in August for $226 and free shipping. Don't think you can go wrong with either but the BDX will be more vertical.

in theory couldn't the same thing be accomplished by adding a 2" pivot riser ?

I plan on doing the oft, but just thinking the pivot would essentially be the same

I have used oft on my last one. Great product, great owner etc. just a tad pricy, and deliveries depend on availability of stock. This Time I went with PMT's model. Good quality, cheaper, and does the job. The main difference is instead do a bushing sleeve there is a grease relief machined into the brackets. Which you can pack with low temp grease then clamp together. Here are some pics. You can see them in ebay FYI

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 132
dubweiser said:
in theory couldn't the same thing be accomplished by adding a 2" pivot riser ?

I plan on doing the oft, but just thinking the pivot would essentially be the same

No the pivot riser won't change the arc the bars rotate in. All the relocaters work just to a different degree...OFT and PMT about the same...I think its a 6 degree move forward, Grizz's might be a little less and the BDX with the U-joint moves the arc the most vertical...not sure of the actual degree. You can ride all day and not feel any fatigue. It is kind of odd the steering still feels heavier than many other sleds but the position is so good you have better leverage.

Old thread, but looking for the same options in 2020. Most sites are dead, where can you get a steering relocate kit these days?

I think Cr racing still sells them or build one yourself like grizz did. It’s very simple to build.

I think Cr racing still sells them or build one yourself like grizz did. It’s very simple to build.

Yeah I saw that, I was trying to get an idea what other kits looked like. I saw photos that some are a whole streering assembly and some are just a bracket. I'm not really setup to make the 1.75" diameter bend.

Yeah I saw that, I was trying to get an idea what other kits looked like. I saw photos that some are a whole streering assembly and some are just a bracket. I'm not really setup to make the 1.75" diameter bend.
The bend is not needed just 2 plates.

Back