• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Remove engine brake reduction

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I picked up a '14 and had forgotten Yamaha updated the late Nytro's with a engine braking reduction system. I must be one of those rare people that liked the engine braking on my '09. I haven't looked, but I assume its some sort of bypass or hole in the throttle bodies that lets air in when you let off and associated ecu tweaks to compensate. Has anyone successfully added the engine braking back in?

wild guess that maybe the throttle safety switch runs it? I know the old Polaris efi, like 08ish did when I disabled it. You could try it by holding the throttle lever pin in when you let off the throttle. my winder has it, and now that you mention it, I don't like it either. don't like having to use brakes, no need. I have the bigger rollers in my nytro and the engine braking is right where I want it. excellent bonus of the 3 cylinder.

EBRS was standard on ALL fuel injected 3 holers from ‘08 on up. If there’s a difference in the way the two sleds act you’ll find it in the clutching or some other mods.

Take a carbed 3 holer or an 06-10 Apex for a ride and then hop back on your sled.....tell me which has excessive engine braking. Lol
Google the ‘08 Nytro press introduction and sled mag articles if you’d like, Yammy made a point of promoting it.

Stubby is correct. At the TY Preview ride in 07, they touted the EBRS very loudly. I personally have been over the handlebars on my 06 Attak too many times to count. Riding my Nytro off trail is SO much safer with EBRS. Twist your secondary 10 degrees tighter to speed your back shift.

Back