• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Remove gas tank?

hman4

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Apex, 2002srx, 2000 srx
Installing a Hurricane header and was wondering if there was anything to know about removing the gas tank?

Did you do a search on this? We just talked about this in the Viper section. Dont break the clip on the fuel line.. LOL Everything else is a walk in the park.

Thanks, I will check that out.

Installed mine today... It's not to bad but I did find it easier to undo the rest of the steering post to make it easier to install the new uprite ...then you don't have to remove the cast bracket that the turbo mounts to..

Last edited:
I got the stock manifold off but didn’t get the new one on yet. I had to have a cut off Torx bit to get the exhaust off that I figured I would take care of at work tomorrow. Had a little trouble getting one of the stock manifold bolts off but came up with something that worked.

I got the stock manifold off but didn’t get the new one on yet. I had to have a cut off Torx bit to get the exhaust off that I figured I would take care of at work tomorrow. Had a little trouble getting one of the stock manifold bolts off but came up with something that worked.
When you get the new one from Dave it comes with a new aluminum piece that is bent In way to clear the new header. You will see what I'm talking about then. It's not to bad to install

I have the new header but needed to remove my exhaust so I could change out that support. How did yours turn out. The header is a nice looking piece.

I have the new header but needed to remove my exhaust so I could change out that support. How did yours turn out. The header is a nice looking piece.
Mine turned out nice. I must have missed something on the heat shield templet because I marked as it shows to and it was off bit. Not a big deal just trimmed some more off and was good to go.

Having a little more to trim off is a good thing!

Thanks Blue fun for the hint on removing the
Steering post to remove and install the new suport. Way easier!

Thanks Blue fun for the hint on removing the
Steering post to remove and install the new suport. Way easier!
no problem !!! What else are you doing? I've done the hole nine yards on mine.

My sed is an RTX LE, so I have basically copied all of rockerdans mods and for the motor mods I have the Hurricane header, flasher, tunes, AFR module and clutching. I made up my own CAI. I’m going to use a Turbo Dynamics Turbo force can.I’m just finishing studding it and should be receiving the last of my parts shortly, at least for this season.

Back