• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removed the wrong bolt changing oil now sled wont start

pthur

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 XF7000 Limited
So... I removed the screw in the attached picture thinking it was the drain plug when changing my oil. As soon as i removed it i realized that it was the incorrect screw and replaced it. When put the screw back in it seemed like i had to insert the screw much further before it engaged threads vs when i removed it which makes me think this could have been securing something inside the engine that is now dislodged (i may be wrong about this because i am nervous i screwed something up).

After filling the oil tank to the proper level, I can turn the key and hear the fuel pump turn on, the screen lights up and there are no lights or error messages, but when i turn the key further to start the sled the starter does not turn on or even click. I started the sled and moved it right before i drained the oil, so i can't imagine relay or fuse related, but i am about to start checking fuses and swapping relays to see if it is just that.

I also can't seem to find a good schematic of what this screw is used for... i attached the schematic and think it is just for attaching the oil pan to the case, but it is hard to tell.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230127-142220.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230127-142220.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 97
  • oil pan.PNG
    oil pan.PNG
    209.4 KB · Views: 96

Update:
I found another thread that mentioned a throttle safety switch was causing the starter to not turn on. I was just able to pull and release my throttle a few times and it still didn't start, so I turned the key and bumped the throttle and the started engage and the sled started right up. I was able to shut it down and restart it normally a couple times without issue... pretty concerning that i could be stranded if this happens again.

I am going to do some more searching on this forum and see if there is any more information and will update if i find some.

Back