• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing / Deleting Reverse

jimmyhighway

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
13 Skidoo Freeride 137
11 Yamaha Nypex MCX
I am looking to see who has removed reverse, converted to non-reverse and how to go about this on a 2011 Nytro MTX? Is it possible without changing the driveshaft and chaincase cover?

Following....
Assuming this is for beltdrive....yes?

Skickat från min SM-G389F via Tapatalk

Not for belt drive, the question is how to convert the stock MTX chain case to non reverse gears. I know many have done it. Trying to figure out the required list of parts.

Ok.
May I ask why?
Because beltdrive I understand but ditching reverse .... weight? Performance?

It's part of a plan to reduce 20lbs. There must be at least 5lbs of additonal gears, bearings etc. I mainly run lakes with this sled and very seldom back up. I did this on a 2006 Apex 10 years ago where in that case the goal was drive line efficiency. Results were great and took the play out of the secondary.

Ok.
I'm a nytro "weight watcher" but without revers it would be a pain in the a** to get it on/off my trailer. Only have rear exit and always have to trailer to go riding

in '08 some rtx models came without reverse, there is a part number for the whole assembly if you want to buy brand new. or you can go to the classifieds and ask if someone wants to trade with you your reverse setup for the non reverse.

in '08 some rtx models came without reverse, there is a part number for the whole assembly if you want to buy brand new. or you can go to the classifieds and ask if someone wants to trade with you your reverse setup for the non reverse.

Some 08 MTXs came non reverse as well. Most important part you will need is an earlier driveshaft that has threads on the chain case end to accept the large nut that holds the non reverse lower gear on.

Some 08 MTXs came non reverse as well. Most important part you will need is an earlier driveshaft that has threads on the chain case end to accept the large nut that holds the non reverse lower gear on.

that is true, I forgot all about the shaft!

Custom alloy driveshaft has arrived and looks great! supplied by Hurricane. Looking forward to pressing on the Avids and removing reverse.

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 201
Custom alloy driveshaft has arrived and looks great! supplied by Hurricane. Looking forward to pressing on the Avids and removing reverse.

nice! it would be awesome to get rid of the rotating weight. I looked into doing this for awhile but ended up not pulling the trigger. please let us know how it turns out, or better yet do a little write-up :winter:

Back