• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

removing primary with water???

ive seen this method on other sleds, will it work?

I have removed pilot bearings from the rear of crankshafts on Cars and Trucks in the past. Filled hole with grease. And pounded an input shaft at it. Works Hydraulic pressure is a force to be reckoned with!

as long as you have a bolt that threads into the threads on the clutch, yes. last time i used water was to pull one that spun on the crank. bent 2 pullers trying to do it. flipped sled on its side, filled with water and cut down one of the bent pullers to use. tightened it up with some teflon tape on the threads and then threw the sled outside. took 2 days at-20c before the clutch popped off from the pressure the ice put onto it.

as long as you have a bolt that threads into the threads on the clutch, yes. last time i used water was to pull one that spun on the crank. bent 2 pullers trying to do it. flipped sled on its side, filled with water and cut down one of the bent pullers to use. tightened it up with some teflon tape on the threads and then threw the sled outside. took 2 days at-20c before the clutch popped off from the pressure the ice put onto it.

Very Interesting!

Back