• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing rear skid bolts

I tried to remove the rear skid bolts last night on the apex, but when you turn the one slide the other side turns, does this require two people, one with a socket on each side ?
I got the one out then the other side just spun and would not loosen.
What's the way they should be removed.

What Steiner said works like a charm. Also helpful if you remove any pre-load on the suspension such as removing one end of the transfer rod, otherwise you risk stripping the threads in the aluminum shaft or damaging the threads on the bolt removing through the steel drop bracket.

IMG_20180303_201935.jpg while sled is on ground before I start I take rachet strap snug it up just the right amount. When reinstalling skid makes for a easy one man install holes all line up easier well.... Sometimes

View attachment 140105 while sled is on ground before I start I take rachet strap snug it up just the right amount. When reinstalling skid makes for a easy one man install holes all line up easier well.... Sometimes
Yep the sometimes is key, worked great for a few times the not sure what I did wrong but have had a tough time or two.

Back