• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing reverse from 07 gt

yeeha

Country
USA
Snowmobile
15 viper ltx-se
07 phazer gt
07 phazer fx
I’m tired of reverse issues with my 07 gt, so I bought a jack shaft from a nonreverse model. What other parts do I need? The chain case is the same on both models. Do I just remove the original jack shaft & reverse from the gt and put in the new nonreverse jack shaft?

Thanks for any responses.

I had made and sold a harness to retrofit reverse on a base model but the guy doing it also needed the side plate as there were differences between reverse and non-reverse that would not allow bolting on the reverse gear box beyond just drilling holes. The necessary bosses were not not there and the shaft seal was different IIRC.

Off the top of my head, you will have to at least plug up the oiling holes and the seal will likely be an issue.

Thanks for the response. Are you talking about oiling holes in the reverse case? The parts diagram for non reverse model leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks for the response. Are you talking about oiling holes in the reverse case? The parts diagram for non reverse model leaves a lot to be desired.
Don't know how similar the cases are but here's the last non reverse sled I've had...2003 rx1. Maybe it'll help some...maybe not. So simple inside.
Screenshot_2018-12-06-15-33-32.png

I’ve done further research via parts diagram & found that the housing sub assembly that the chain case cover attaches to is different for reverse and nonreverse models of the phazer. The reason is the reverse case has a large opening where it attaches to the housing sub assembly. The non reverse model has a smaller opening the size of the jack shaft in the housing sub assembly.

Are you talking about oiling holes in the reverse case?

Yes, they go through the side plate into the chain case. One has a feed pipe with a grommet seal (which were revised due to leaks), the other hole is the drain back into the chain case.

You could just leave it there and not use it or disable it.

Finished this project yesterday. I had a skilled mechanic work on it. Needed to seal the drains in the reverse case, put a sealed bearing on battery side of jack shaft as seal was a problem. Biggest issue was working around the forward and reverse sensors that feed into ecu. It took the mechanic 5 hours but he figured it out. I read a post where placing a spacer on the fork to lock it in forward as an option. Might be an easier solution.

Back