• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

REMOVING SIDEWINDER CLUTCH HELP???

Wingwong

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 YAMAHA SIDEWINDER LTX-LE
Hello ALL Yami people,

I saw Rocker Dan's Belly Pan Protector from Barn of Parts. I want to install the same. I have never taken the Primary Clutch off. So, I need help with the steps.

First, I need a clutch removal tool. My Yamaha dealership said I could use theirs anytime, so that's excellent service. Thank you Urban Sport in Arnprior, Ontario.

If anyone can help, it is greatly appreciated.

Couple questions,
1. Will it come off in 1 full piece with the clutch puller?
2.To re-install it, will I need to check offset or any other measurements for belt alignment purposes?
3. when re-installing, do I need a specific torque setting?

Maybe it is way easier than I think. But HELP is needed.

Thank you in advance.

1. It will come off in one piece.

2. No

3. Torque to 108 ft/lbs, then loosen and retorque to 45 ft/lbs is what I believe the manual says. I torque mine to 60 ft/lbs.

Also do not spin the clutch clockwise (opposite of it's normal direction) if at all possible. The timing chain tension can slack and jump/skip if going in that direction.

I just installed the BOP bellypan protector in my 18 Winder, and did NOT remove the primary.
BOP has a handy template (see his website/instruction sheet) to use on the outside of the plastic panel for locating the center of the 2 bolt holes.
Worked like a charm.
Cheers.

I just installed the BOP bellypan protector in my 18 Winder, and did NOT remove the primary.
BOP has a handy template (see his website/instruction sheet) to use on the outside of the plastic panel for locating the center of the 2 bolt holes.
Worked like a charm.
Cheers.

Ok
Did you take shock off?
I have LTX with gas canister on side seems to be in the way

I did the same. Took nothing apart. As another member here did, in the spots where I couldn't get the drill positioned correctly I marked everything with the template and heated up a finish nail with a torch and then pushed it thru. Cleaned any melted plastic around the hole with razor knife then I took the correct size drill bit for the bolts and spun them with my fingers to finish it clean. Took a matter of minutes.

Thank you guys
I just finished
I didn’t remove the clutch or the shock!
Used a nail, lighter, and a screw for the most part.

Some much help guys thanks thanks thanks

15F3E0AD-7858-4CCE-9352-117EBB907A0B.jpeg

1. It will come off in one piece.

2. No

3. Torque to 108 ft/lbs, then loosen and retorque to 45 ft/lbs is what I believe the manual says. I torque mine to 60 ft/lbs.
Thank you

Glad it worked out. Thank you for your help with the rivnut install. One sled done one to go.

Ok
Did you take shock off?
I have LTX with gas canister on side seems to be in the way

I had my sled on a stand and just removed the shock to get proper drill access, fairly straight forward. Several ways to skin a cat for this.

Great to see help like this, it is what makes this site great!

Back