• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

removing windshield

BA

Extreme
anyone have any tips on removing the windshield on a RS sled- I have the full shop manual, but I can't find the section that covers this.
Thanks in advance.

Yeah, it is kind of a pain to remove an RS windy. First open the hood and look for 3 large head black screw with c/r drive around the underside of the head light. One will be in the center with one on each side of the under hood bulge for the head lamp. Close the hood and remove the 2 screws one on either side of the gauge cluster. These are recessed in the black close out pieces on either side of the head lamp. Once you remove these screws carefully pull the black close out pieces out. Pull them out and away from the guage pod, dont pull them rearward. Now carefully pull the thin plastic trim piece out that frames the head lamp. You need to push up on the three tabs of this trim piece when you pull it out as there is a metall unut that could scratch your hood if not carefull. There is one tab in the center and one on either end. The first 3 black screws you removed threaded into these unuts. The last step is to remove the 3 small head plastic screws holding on the windshield under the trim piece you just removed. Reverse this procedure to install the windshield. Again, just be careful with the head lamp trim so the metal unuts dont scratch your hood. I hope this makes sense. G.B.

I’ve got to replace mine so I’ll follow these directions. Just to clarify, there’s no need to mess with the mirrors?

I’ve got to replace mine so I’ll follow these directions. Just to clarify, there’s no need to mess with the mirrors?
Depending on the mirror type, you may have to remove the mirrors. I had to on my sled. It has that support bar type that I added after I bought the sled.

Back