• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement decals for 07 Attak

steveg_nh

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak
The previous owner took all the decals off the sled. I would like some of them back actually. :) Problem is they seem hard to get now, or the prices are ridiculous at around $50-80 per decal. And some seem to not be available at all. I guess after 10 years I can see why they start to fade off in terms of availability, but has anyone sourced replacement hood decals from anyone they would recommend?

Maybe a local print shop that makes custom decals could do something?

Just looking for ideas. Thanks.

Thanks. I tried some of these places, and they have the same issues. For example, on the Yamaha hood stickers, one side is available for only $16 while the other side is not available anymore. Why that's the case who knows.

Then for the primary grpahics for the hood, they want $75 each side! Yikes.

http://www.jetskidetailing.com/FB-YAMAHA-MTX-GRAPHICS-MAP.htm

When mine peeled off on one side . I went with a full graphics kit instead of buying the 2 decals I needed . It was more money but made the sled look better !

upload_2017-7-31_14-36-22.png

Wow, these are really cool! Thanks for the link. I'm new to wraps. Are they permanent decals, similar to stock OEM decals, or somewhat temporary?

Most kits are OEM quality and go on fairly easy. You basically need a good hairdryer to heat the old stickers up then start peeling them off as you warm them. A heat gun would be to much! Then some Goo Gone solution, which can be found at most dollar stores. Use a nice soft cloth full of Goo gone and get all the sticky residue off. then finish with some good 91 % isopropyl alcohol to make sure its clean. Cut out parts to match up to panels on sled. you can peel and stick dry or with a soap solution. Lots of videos on You Tube to watch. With my Daughter helping me it took us 4 hours from removing the panels on the sled until reinstalling them back on.

It turned out to be a good bonding moment and she takes more pride in her sled.

Attachments

• IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 328
The before :

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 430
Quite a difference. I like the Sapphire 2.0 in either the blue of the black. My sled is the deep purple blue metallic. Can't decide which one.

Look for used pieces with the decals on them.

That could get hard. I have no decals now but all panels in good shape so I'd have a hard time finding the right blend of quality panels and the right decals I'd think.

I think a wrap is the perfect birthday present for me next month. Lol

Just do a Google search for graphics for a Yamaha Apex. The body panels changed in 2011 I believe so make sure it's for the older one's . A bunch will come up and you have to start searching the sites Or just click on the Shopping in the search .

Example : https://www.ebay.com/i/191417937898?chn=ps&dispItem=1

There are some nice ones there, but technically my machine is an Attak, so don't want to put Apex on it. :)

Wow that's pretty cool, but $425! Yikes. Love the color though.

Back