• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement shocks for MTX float2s?

Boneless

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro MTX 162SE, stock
So now that Fox is discontinued the Float2s and I'm in need of parts to rebuild mine, I'm in the market for anything else which will fit and work.

Has anyone tried other shocks in place of the center and rear float2s? I know I can get some custom built ones but that's more than the sled is worth. I'd like to keep it under a grand.

Thanks

So now that Fox is discontinued the Float2s and I'm in need of parts to rebuild mine, I'm in the market for anything else which will fit and work.

Has anyone tried other shocks in place of the center and rear float2s? I know I can get some custom built ones but that's more than the sled is worth. I'd like to keep it under a grand.

Thanks

Have you talked to @cannondale27 , he does rebuilds and might be able to help with replacement parts or rebuilds.

So according to the local shock shop the problem is in the body, or the part which slides into the air chamber. I don't know how the float2s work but I found a float3 schematic and that's what they call it. The center one is pitted and so he thinks the seals won't last. The rear one is bent. There is an odd rub on one side and he said that's a sign of it being bent. So I would need to replace those shaft parts.

I've found some used ones on ebay and at Micspart in ON but they are just used, no guarantee on them holding air, or being straight. So I'd have to spend $400 for the used ones and hope then they can put them all together and make two working ones.

But with the float2s out, I'd kind of like to replace them with something I could get parts for. You never know when a shock will blow and it would suck to be in this same situation midseason.

Back