• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing A arm bushings

Re: bushings

canoehead said:
13NytroXTX said:
canoehead said:
Thanks I had a look at them on Ronnies Fiche. Now that I know the upper nuts are weld mounted my fears have been pretty well put to rest. I read the rear lowers are the beotch but if I pull the tie rod rubber boots back they're right there. I guess the worst is pulling the bumper and the nose cone which isn't bad if I have to.
Thanks for the reply again!!

Yea the lower rears are a real pain but you can get them off without taking the boots off just need a long 12 point wrench to reach way in there.
How do you put them back on?
Just pull them back over the rivet. Some soap will help. Not very hard.
;)!

If your talking about putting the nuts back on, I used electrical tape to hold the nut in the wrench.

Got it done. Relatively not bad if you take off the side plastic directly above the A arms. Gives lots of room.

Yup once plastic was off it wasn't bad, a good vice or clamp or large press would have saved me a ton of time. Got'her done tho. Sooo much tighter now, the way she should be

Thanks ulmers for awesome product!

fxnytrortxkid said:
Yup once plastic was off it wasn't bad, a good vice or clamp or large press would have saved me a ton of time. Got'her done tho. Sooo much tighter now, the way she should be

Thanks ulmers for awesome product!
I went out and bought a pretty decent and large C Clamp just for that reason. I also used a piece of ready Rod with some large washers and nuts for the uppers. Took me about an hour and a half alone to just install the bushings. I remember someone on the forum saying that this was just a 2 hour job!! He must have had the A arms in his hands... :moon: Definitely noticeable. When I was pulling the factory ones out I thought, hey these don't look that bad. But when I was finished I was like man they where shot!! Definitely worthy update. I just hope I don't have to remove them again. I was generous with the Red Loctite.

Back