• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Retractable Rouski Wheels on Curve Skis

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
I had a customer inquire about fitting up some retractable wheels on Curve skis. Customer informed me that he was unable find anything that was designed to fit the Curve ski. I ordered in a set of Rouski wheels for a Yamaha ski and this morning I began fitting them up. Mounting them will require some new mounting brackets and a modified arm, but at this point it looks like the conversion is going to work. Mounting brackets are drawn up and once I get them back from the shop I will update on the install.

IMG_5951.JPG

Got my mounting plates and fitted everything up today. The assembly mounts up real nice and require 2 holes (1 per side) to be drilled in the ski. Next step is getting the wheel to clear the front of the ski. Going to try and put an offset in the arm. If that doesn't work then I will be draw up the lower portion of the arm and have it burned out. I will then stack up the two legs and weld together so it offsets the wheel outward to clear the ski.

IMG_5967.JPG

IMG_5966.JPG

IMG_5968.JPG

Spent a little time at Dad's shop yesterday and we were able to bend a nice clean offset in the stock arms so they clear the ski.

IMG_5983.JPG

Reactions: RTX
If anyone is interested in a set of rouski wheels for curve skis I will put together kits. $350 for complete kit with my mounting brackets and hardware.

Just an FYI...I am still offering the kits.

I am now using the rouski kit for a tuner ski and modifying it to fit. The kits I was using are now discontinued.

Great job getting them to fit.
I bought a set for my viper and absolutely love them.
I have to ride 1/4 mile of pavement to the trail and 1/4 mile back home every weekend.
Over the course of the winter its like riding 6 -8 miles of pavement, and it really burns off the carbide. These wheels have completely resolved that issue.
My buddys laughed at me when i installed them, called them gay and every other name in the book.
Now 2 months later both guys are looking to purchase a set.
Funny how that works. Lol

I received two sets from Travis for our sleds and the installation was easy even without directions.
I've got the Bergstrom triple points and the ski savers on these Curve skis and there is still around an inch of clearance from the road.
These will make moving the sleds around a whole lot easier and convenient. Nice work Travis! Thank you.

I received two sets from Travis for our sleds and the installation was easy even without directions.
I've got the Bergstrom triple points and the ski savers on these Curve skis and there is still around an inch of clearance from the road.
These will make moving the sleds around a whole lot easier and convenient. Nice work Travis! Thank you.

Wow...you got them fast! I had some pictures i was going to send you to assist you in your install.

Wow...you got them fast! I had some pictures i was going to send you to assist you in your install.

I used the photos you have posted in this thread as a guide for orientation purposes. It all work out well. I've got two questions for you though, ......Should I be using some blue Loctite on any bolts without a nylon lock nut?..............And, is there any regular maintenance suggested on these?

I used the photos you have posted in this thread as a guide for orientation purposes. It all work out well. I've got two questions for you though, ......Should I be using some blue Loctite on any bolts without a nylon lock nut?..............And, is there any regular maintenance suggested on these?

The units are sealed, so to my knowledge there is not really anything you can do as far as maintenance. Just keep an eye on wheel tread if you do alot of road riding! Ha.

As for loctite.. I would apply it to the large allen bolt that holds the wheel arm to the mechanism. All nuts I supplied to you should have had nylock nuts.

has anyone tried the RollerSki by Qualipieces? I purchased a set for my nytro, the install requires some modifications to the skies and the removal of the sleeve in the spindle and a bushing in the ski, the shaft from the RollerSki replaces it but i found their was a lot of slop side to side, now theirs only 1100KM on the nytro and i don't think the bushings in the spindle should be gone already but I'm going to check the diameters of the shaft and sleeve that was removes and compare. i have a set of Rouski's on my other nytro and their perfect i just got a good deal on a set of left overs (almost half price) of the rollerski and my buddys all use them and say their good quality!

has anyone tried the RollerSki by Qualipieces? I purchased a set for my nytro, the install requires some modifications to the skies and the removal of the sleeve in the spindle and a bushing in the ski, the shaft from the RollerSki replaces it but i found their was a lot of slop side to side, now theirs only 1100KM on the nytro and i don't think the bushings in the spindle should be gone already but I'm going to check the diameters of the shaft and sleeve that was removes and compare. i have a set of Rouski's on my other nytro and their perfect i just got a good deal on a set of left overs (almost half price) of the rollerski and my buddys all use them and say their good quality!
I have the Qualipieces on my SR Viper and love them. Qualipieces does not recommend or endorse the install on a non-OEM ski.

:ot::jack: Because Travis is to nice to do it his self. This is a vender offering a product If you want to know about a different product you should just start a thread it is very easy.

Ive been thinking of adding a set of rollerski to my 6.9's when I try them...thoughts?

Back