• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rev to Nytro (part 2)

srx600 said:
Yamahnator said:
If you ride Tug Hill at all Srx600 I'll let you try mine out. I've ridden the TNT, and it's a good sled, but to be perfectly honest with you I didn't feel like it was super light on the trails. I know it's light, but it didn't necessarily ride light.

I've talked to a few now who prefer the older rev to the xp as far as the rough and standing up. The xp is better for sitting down though. My buddies sled does not have a riser so standing wasn't comfortable anyway, but I would agree with their sentiment. The Nytro is not the end all sled by any means and might not be the sled for you. Just my observations. I didn't feel that the chassis of the xp gave it any advantage over the Nytro. The suspension of course is relative to the rider and how they ride.

Thanks Yamanator....I ride the hill VERY often and would appreciate the opprtunity. You can try out my 08 Renegade and get your thoughts...I finally have my XP dialed in pretty good. I still find it easier to go from sitting to standing on my past Revs better....I live in Oneida NY and our snow is pretty much gone for now...perhaps the hill will get some soon.

I live in the Oneida area too. We definately should ride this year. It's too bad there still isn't snow around here. Theres a lot of good riding, down to morrisville and east, west, south of there. I'm probably going to head up to the Hill next week/weekend as long as they get the snow they are forecasting for.

scott8888 said:
he ask my opinion and that what i think you talk about standing up riding i find it a lot better on the xp over the rev i also like the apex more then the nytro the sled i like the most is my 07 maxhzx1000sdi that why i think it best to ride before you buy find the sled that fit you best

If your fav is the Mach then it's no wonder the nytro is not for you.

The Mach is a heavy flat lake runner only, it doesn't even compare to the first year rev in the twisties, same goes for the APEX.

Everyone has to remember, getting good seat time on a sled is the best way to make a judgement before you buy. Or talk to a close friend with similar riding style.

When your reading stuff on the net, you have no idea if the person talking is a 260lbs 5 foot elf or a 6 foot basketball player.

My Nytro spanks the sh!t outa my 800xrev, and I had allot of stuff on my rev to make it what is was when I sold it.

Back