• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Revalve floats

srxtim26076

Extreme
I talked to a guy from B-Line control in MN who has had some experience in revalving fox floats and the other shocks in the FX nytro RTX. he claims that he can soften them up considerably and it will make a world of difference. Does anyone have experience revalving their floats? or experience with B line?

I revalved the floats on my nytro rtx and it made a big difference. The valving in the shocks from factory is typical of yamaha and has way to many shims . I took out two large shims on the comp. and a large and medium sized one on the rebound. Made a big difference in the small bumps with 75psi. But still handles the big bumps with ease.

The stock set up can handle some serious thrashing, but it's pretty harsh on average trails even with a heavy rider. An alternative to revalving is adding adjustable air reservoirs. I installed the ones from NEXTECH and they made a big difference. You can run at least 75psi to maintain ride height and handling but the harshness is gone. I think they are worth the investment for trail riding.

The fox float is a typical hpg shock. The shims are inside the shock itself. If you are familiar with the process of rebuilding and servicing hpg shocks then it is not that difficult. But if you are not. Contact somebody like Carver Performance or Pioneer Performance if you are in the USA. If you are in Canada I can recommend a few places.But If You Are Not At All Familar With Servicing Shocks Than Seek Profesional Service!

srxtim26076 said:
I talked to a guy from B-Line control in MN who has had some experience in revalving fox floats and the other shocks in the FX nytro RTX. he claims that he can soften them up considerably and it will make a world of difference. Does anyone have experience revalving their floats? or experience with B line?

srxtim26076

Can you tell me more about B-line and who you talked too? I am intrested in getting this done.

Thanks!

;)!

b line is in minesota. A dealer in Hancock Michigan refered me to him. THey do all their shocks. I talked to Bruce yesterday and he has been a lot of experimenting with the FX nytro RTX. He claims that after the revalving that the ride is unbelieveable. He claims it will be the best riding sled including his own custome suspension. He is revalving all shocks including the floats and is filling the floats withn nytrogen.

I do not have my shocks back so I cant say for sure. I can let you know after I get them back.

srxtim26076 said:
b line is in minesota. A dealer in Hancock Michigan refered me to him. THey do all their shocks. I talked to Bruce yesterday and he has been a lot of experimenting with the FX nytro RTX. He claims that after the revalving that the ride is unbelieveable. He claims it will be the best riding sled including his own custome suspension. He is revalving all shocks including the floats and is filling the floats withn nytrogen.

I do not have my shocks back so I cant say for sure. I can let you know after I get them back.

Cool...Thanks!

Are they by chance out of St. Joseph, MN??? Only about 45 minutes from me. Can I ask how much they are asking for floats revalve.

Thanks again!

I just got my sled together after having the floats and the rear shocks re-valved. They also put nytrogen in my floats. I took it out last night for a short ride. The first impression is that it made a world of difference. Before this i tried every combination posted on this site and the sled was still way too stiff for my riding. especially over stutter bumps. Its way better now but not sure if the ride is as good as the ride setup on my rev.

Tonight I am going for a longer ride and going to switch between my 03 rev to again compare. Let you know

Back