• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Revalving olin on Attak

Crazy-wezz

Veteran
Can I revalve/rebuild my rear shock on 07' Attak myself? I know I have the ability but lack the knowledge of what to put in it to make it better than stock. Not being cheap, just like to do it myself. Is pioneer the place to have it done if I opt that way?

pioneer would be the best bet, as bruce can set it up to your rider weight and they say it makesit a whole differnt sled. imo

if you are not set up to rebuild shocks, for the 100 bucks it costs, and the stress of rapping it up for mail.... its worth it. I'm a huge do it yourselfer and this is one thing over the years that i decided to send away... there is a science behind it thats for sure. I use shocktec out of ontario(for the canucks up here) and it cost me $62 bucks a shock for my RTX. and WOW major difference... havnt sent my ohlins aways yet but that is next....

Ohlins will e-mail you the spec card for your shock, and for the european versions which are much stiffer, a good place to start. You can then order the shims.

Many folks do stay away, and should, but it is very rewarding when you get it right. There is something satifying about the whole process... which ends with that nitrogen charge, then compress the shock and watch it rebound out smoothly.

After reading more on this and feedback from you all I will be pulling my shock out and sending it to Pioneer. Thanks for the help guys!

Back