• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse Alarm Issue - Help Needed

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 Yamaha Sidewinder X-TX LE 141
At the end of last season, I noticed that my reverse alarm was not working correctly - it's now barely audible and makes more of a fizzing, continuous "bee" versus the standard "beep beep" (getting real technical here). I was finally able to get it into the garage, tear it apart for other upgrades/maintenance, and pulled the alarm off my father's identical Sidewinder - there was no change, through reverse works just fine.

I'm going to put a voltmeter on the two leads tonight and see if I'm getting 12V to the beeper. If I'm not getting the 12V, what is the next step(s) - is there a circuit board that needs to be replaced or a connection that may be loose? I will note that my voltage regulator went on me last year and toasted two batteries (thankfully, everything was replaced under warranty).

Looking to get this done ahead of the season versus halfway through the winter. Thanks in advance!

The magnet and this sensor that is glued onto the chaincase.

59658.jpeg
59662.jpeg

The magnet and this sensor that is glued onto the chaincase.

View attachment 162977View attachment 162978

Is that sensor and magnet what operates the reverse alarm or is there something else that energizes it when there is a fault and the ECU starts throwing codes?

My tunnel was also replaced this year - the shop fixed both that and the voltage regulator issue at the same time. Since EVERYTHING was torn apart, it would make sense to me that this sensor may be the root cause.

Attachments

• Snowmobile Surgery_2021.jpg
    Snowmobile Surgery_2021.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 110
The wire diagram in my manual is unreadable.
Have you tried switching relays?
Also look at harness under fuse box for rub on frame. Some have found issues there.

Beeper always has a hot feed to one pin. It activates when other pin is grounded. Sounds like not getting a strong ground. Try grounding beeper with a jumper to verify.

Back