• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rhino road use for farm?

kviper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 MCX Turbo Apex
Hi, New in the ATV side! I traded my four wheeler last fall for a Rhino thinking the Rhino would be more useful with our farming operation. The dealer told me i could run it on the road with an SMV sign on it. I was told today by the State Patrol that i can't run it on the road for farm use because it is not considered an implement of animal husbandry like a John Deere Gator is. An ATV can be registered with a private use registration and be run on the road for farm use but the Rhino is not registerable as an ATV. I'am in Wisconsin. Has any one had any experience with this in Wisconsin? It's looking like i bought a more usable item that i can't use. Thanks, kviper
________
DRUG REHAB FORUMS

You may want to check your local laws. I know there are some areas in WI you can run on the roads. Rome is one and down around Darlington is another. But I believe that's a local law kind of thing.

I am thinking i'am going to put an SMV sign on it and just see what happens, The county may not bother me and we almost never see any state trooper's in our area. Owning a Gator would do but i would get bored with the power of a Gator real fast. Thanks, kviper
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES

kviper said:
Hi, New in the ATV side! I traded my four wheeler last fall for a Rhino thinking the Rhino would be more useful with our farming operation. The dealer told me i could run it on the road with an SMV sign on it. I was told today by the State Patrol that i can't run it on the road for farm use because it is not considered an implement of animal husbandry like a John Deere Gator is. An ATV can be registered with a private use registration and be run on the road for farm use but the Rhino is not registerable as an ATV. I'am in Wisconsin. Has any one had any experience with this in Wisconsin? It's looking like i bought a more usable item that i can't use. Thanks, kviper

John deere is well know for their agricultural equipment same with their ATV's that meet the standard for farm driving. Selected areas are possible to run that bike but other are restricted due to large vehicles who are running that will let the Rhino unfit. Why not go for the gator? it still have an advantage over rhino.

Call the DNR they recently changed the max width rules for ATV/UTV's so you may be able to register as an ATV/UTV and be able to run the roads.

Back