• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rich or Lean Mods

TurboTime

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yanaha Nytro
I have read a lot of threads concerning lean or rich running. Like most members in here, I to have made a few modifications to my Apex RTX:
- Ulmer Stage II Clutch / Windage Plate (Last year)
- Hauck Exhaust (Last year)
- 10 ek plugs (Last Year)
- Ulmer Stealth Air Box (This Year)
- Hauck Fuel Accelerator (This year)
- 96 Woody's studs (Last Year)

I am have simular issues with my sled popping during hard acceleration at take off. After reading many of these posts, I am not sure if she has a lean or rich pop. My riding partner does smell a higher amount of fuel riding behind me during take off. He also has an Apex.
Not sure what type of tests to do. I have heard that these Hauck Accelerators are very difficult to dial in.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I think that it is rich. But the 06 apex is fuel injected, so the mapping and the injecter size should not be able to add that much fuel. How was the sled last year? if fine than that a look at the fuel Accelerator. One aother thing if you have the yamaha soft ware for the apex you can hook it up to a laptop and it will tell you where the problem is. ;)!

TotallyNytro said:
I have read a lot of threads concerning lean or rich running. Like most members in here, I to have made a few modifications to my Apex RTX:
- Ulmer Stage II Clutch / Windage Plate (Last year)
- Hauck Exhaust (Last year)
- 10 ek plugs (Last Year)
- Ulmer Stealth Air Box (This Year)
- Hauck Fuel Accelerator (This year)
- 96 Woody's studs (Last Year)

I am have simular issues with my sled popping during hard acceleration at take off. After reading many of these posts, I am not sure if she has a lean or rich pop. My riding partner does smell a higher amount of fuel riding behind me during take off. He also has an Apex.
Not sure what type of tests to do. I have heard that these Hauck Accelerators are very difficult to dial in.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Put a Dynojet Power Commander on it. I have them in stock.

Freddie Klies
www.easterncycleperf.com
PH. 203-756-7019

Back