• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ride Report on Curve XS with Vendor Input

I been hearing how great these ski`s are and cant wait to try them to see cause my Gt jumps around twitches around 80 on the railbeds and its a very uneasy feeling going that fast and have a 40 ft drop off + or another sled oncoming and the sleds jumps either way.Hope to try them early on and i have a set of new pilots i just put on 0 miles to try to so it should be interesting and i can do a back to back.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 88

BETHEVIPER said:

Well, thank you Scott. I must say,when Nick and I set out to develop the perfect ski, we were honest with ourselves and knew there would be a group of people who we couldn't please.

Having said that, when we offered to take our mud covered skis back and fully refund your money even after you pounded plastic blocks into the spindle rubber deck and imprinted the center keel with your carbide modification, we knew what mattered most was the satisfaction of our customer. Of course, your satisfaction came heavily at our expense.

Clearly you are an individual that stops at nothing less than perfection. As you say, that's an accolade we've yet to achieve. According to the folks at Snow Goer though, we burried that nail 93% of the way in. Know without a doubt that the last 7% will be taken up in revisions and new releases.

I trust our deffinition of perfection is on par with yours. We'll see eye to eye at some point Scott. Give it time.

- Sean & Nick

www.CurveXS.com

BETHEVIPER said:

betheviper,

How can you draw the conclusion of which will be/is the better ski until you have ridden each? Having an engineering background myself, I would be extremely interested to read your hypothesis.

Thank you in advance for sharing your insight.

Shane

Dave,
Do yourself a favor and sell your skis to betheviper and use the money to purchase the most accurate and predictable ski on the market today.

Nick and Sean not only rasied the bar a few notches they set a new standard for all other manufactures to FOLLOW!

I too have an engineering background with 32 as a Manufacturing Engineer designing tooling fixturing, developing processes & procedures for the B1-B Bomber, B2 Bomber, E2-C (and currently in development E2-D), YF-22 ATF, F14 IRSTS, MEADS, Sea Wolf, TB-29 and the list goes on and on.

I know a quality designed/functional product when I see one!

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06vectorgt said:
Dave,
Do yourself a favor and sell your skis to betheviper and use the money to purchase the most accurate and predictable ski on the market today.

Nick and Sean not only rasied the bar a few notches they set a new standard for all other manufactures to FOLLOW!

I too have an engineering background with 32 as a Manufacturing Engineer designing tooling fixturing, developing processes & procedures for the B1-B Bomber, B2 Bomber, E2-C (and currently in development E2-D), YF-22 ATF, F14 IRSTS, MEADS, Sea Wolf, TB-29 and the list goes on and on.

WHAT HE SAID!!!

Signed,

A retired 20 year career Naval Aviator and Post Maintenance Functional Test Pilot.

I don't have enough time to submit a complete resume. LOL... ;)!

hondo said:
06vectorgt said:
Dave,

WHAT HE SAID!!!

Signed,

A retired 20 year career Naval Aviator and Post Maintenance Functional Test Pilot.

I don't have enough time to submit a complete resume. LOL... ;)!

LMAO ;)!

Its far from complete ;)!

It's ok to disagree Scott,

We just need to find some parameters and a baseline in which to make an honest evaluation.

What I want to do this winter is have Dave, yourself, and any others who are interested to come up and meet at my place and test different sets of skis.

I have all the tools and a hoist in my garage, so it will be easy to change skis and make any other necessary adjustments.

I'll have Curves, Precisions, Pilots, Mountains, Simmons, Stock, and whatever anyone else wants to bring.

Thus, Dave can objectively make an honest evaluation and choose the ski he likes best.

I think this would be the better way to help him out.

I know we both want to see Dave in total control on the rail bed at 80+ mph. ;)!

I would love to do a test day on just skis, Ill bring all I can.
I love test and tune days.

Dave, check your slides and all your bolts.

I agree Scott,

It will be a fun day to do a ski test, tune and tweak.

OK Dave, break out your calendar and give us some dates when you are able to make the trip!

Heck, if we can't get his sled to handle better we can also be like the boys in the movie "Animal House".

We'll break out the torches and turn his sled into a "War Wagon"...LOL...;)!

I have to again commend Sean and Nick at Curve Industries for taking the risk, producing a superior product, under go the scrutiny of a major snowmobile publication, and utimately glean an outstanding endorsement!

This speaks volumes!!!

Way to go Guy's!!! ;)! ;)! ;)!

Aww, even though I've been in management for a few decades, I'm still a toolmaker and moldmaker by trade, so I say 'curves' because I can picture what the mold looked like..LOL.
I'll be calling this week, Sean, to set up a time to visit you guys (Daughter is off to college Thurs.)

betheviper,

I am just a bit perplexed by the responses you have given. Granted this is not my argument/discussion to have as to the performance you experienced etc. However, if I may be so bold as to interject the following. Instead of posting your reply here that Dave should keep the other skiis that he has and save his money by not purchasing the Curves, perhaps a Private Message would have been more appropriate. Sean and Nick have been way above board with everything they have done and gone far beyond what most other manufacturer's would have done. Both by being on here and addressing everyone's questions, but also in their customer service and upstanding business practices.

Keeping those comments to a private forum would be a lot more considerate of these guys as they make a go of it, especially considering how you were treated.

Thanks

Eye Candy

My skis are here, but my new sled hasn't arrived yet.

Our freezer was the closest thing to cold weather as I could get, as well as have a white background.

New Curve XS Skis
NewCurvesfornewsled.jpg

NewCurves.jpg

Curvesaworkofart.jpg

Thanks Sean and Nick for the prompt delivery and great service! ;)!

Back