• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RiderX App

Mooseman

I'm not all knowing. Post your question in forum.
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'07 Venture MP (gone)
'07 Phazer FX (gone)
'09 Phazer GT (gone)
'10 RS Venture GT (My current ride)
'10 Nytro FX (son's)
Reading the latest edition of Snowtrax magazine, they wrote about this app. I had tried it years ago but they didn't have any maps for Ontario at the time. Now, wow. Maps, waypoints, gas, restaurants, works offline when not in cell range. You just have to download the maps prior to going. It has 2D and 3D modes, snow depth (not for Canada though), track logging, even a maintenance log for your sled.

Only flaws I have found so far is that it doesn't prevent the screen from turning off while using it so you have to do this manually or find another app that can do that if you are going to use it as a GPS. I did find "Sleepless in APP" to do this when RiderX is active. It also doesn't give trail conditions.

Apart that it's sponsored by Polaris, it looks to be a great app. It's free and all you need to do is register using an email address. I haven't tried it yet outside of my living room since we haven't had any real snow yet but soon...

Available for both Android and Apple.

Sure looks promising.

I got the app and it does look great. I am trying to figure out how to use my iphone successfully in the extreme cold weather. I just ordered one of the Bombardier 3 watt heaters with an RCA end and plan on putting it behind my iphone in one of those cases with a plastic front. Wondering if anyone has used this set up and if it worked in the cold weather?

Back