• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RIP Apex Mountain

Saw that....

Sad day for sure, especially for us that don't like the Nytro as a mountain sled. If you still want an Apex you can get the TRAIL version for $15K!?!?!?! :moon:

Lots of mountain-riding ship-jumpers on the way for Yami I'm afraid... :drink:

So true Yamaha needed to build an apex mountain sled with turbocharging to really leap forward in this class.

It is sad #$%&* :o| :whine: that they are droping the apex powerplant.

This is what I was hoping for; an Apex mtx with the nytro mtx tunell and rear suspension.

t_2010_fx_nytro_mtx_se_162_bk_3_678.jpg

Apex MTX RIP :4STroke:

This was my other idea.

Attachments

• 2010_FX_Nytro_MTX_SE_162_Bl_1.jpg
    2010_FX_Nytro_MTX_SE_162_Bl_1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 584
I would have been happy with an Apex Mountain with EXUP, new seat, new exhaust, and the new Nytro skis, but for some reason they decided not to make an Apex Mountain.

Mark

You guys should work at a dealership like I do. Man these new sleds are a real kick in the nuts for us mountain dealers especially since we only sell Yamaha. We are in a primarily Ski Doo and Polaris riding area. Ya know the first thing everyone says when they walk in is those things are heavy and they need a turbo, well I can't argue about the weight thing. I had an 08 Nytro MTX and was not impressed especially when a stock 2000 mountain max would outdo it boondocking. So I endend up buying an 08 Apex mtx and really like it but at the end of the day it is a heavy sled. I've had a chance to ride the new Nytro MTX SE and I like it but I can't see selling my Apex to get one of these new Nytros. I'm sure I'm not the only one but I wan't more than a little better. And I don't see the value of over $10,000 for a new Nytro since the same core chassis and engine is used on all nytros. The price thing is so hard to swallow and our sales rep told us last year that they were not out of line with the other manufacturers. In these tight times people are going to look at the value of a sled before they purchase. Ya the nytro mtx se will hang with most 800's out there but it's not quite the same and if you can buy an 800 2-stroke for $10k I can't blame the guy. Man this is going to be a tough one for us.

I don't like this at all! I love the look of the nytros but after reading about subframe problems and the big job it is to just change the plugs, also the fact that it only has 130 hp has me turned away from it. If I did get a new sled I wanted an apex mountain, my bombardier buddy also said that's about the only yamaha he would buy next to an Rx-1 mountain. Those idea pics are insane as well guys.

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but the nytro was marketed as a 600 class sled and we're expected to sell them to 800 class buyers. I don't think the customer is stupid and the whole idea of putting this task on the dealers is b.s.

rx1tonofun said:
You guys should work at a dealership like I do. Man these new sleds are a real kick in the nuts for us mountain dealers especially since we only sell Yamaha. We are in a primarily Ski Doo and Polaris riding area. Ya know the first thing everyone says when they walk in is those things are heavy and they need a turbo, well I can't argue about the weight thing. I had an 08 Nytro MTX and was not impressed especially when a stock 2000 mountain max would outdo it boondocking. So I endend up buying an 08 Apex mtx and really like it but at the end of the day it is a heavy sled. I've had a chance to ride the new Nytro MTX SE and I like it but I can't see selling my Apex to get one of these new Nytros. I'm sure I'm not the only one but I wan't more than a little better. And I don't see the value of over $10,000 for a new Nytro since the same core chassis and engine is used on all nytros. The price thing is so hard to swallow and our sales rep told us last year that they were not out of line with the other manufacturers. In these tight times people are going to look at the value of a sled before they purchase. Ya the nytro mtx se will hang with most 800's out there but it's not quite the same and if you can buy an 800 2-stroke for $10k I can't blame the guy. Man this is going to be a tough one for us.

I hear ya. Do those chuckle heads in the corporate office not hear a damn thing? I have only ridden a Nytro long enough to know that I wouldn't trade my Apex or RX-1 for one of them. Even if they would have bumped it to 170 hp and lost even 75 lbs, it would have been better than nothing. This sucks! I hope they can pull their head out before I am ready to upgrade...looks like my sleds will be with me for quite some time....

Up north we lost the apex mountain last year. Notice for the turbo crowd, the steering system mounts right were the turbo would go. Cdn price on an apex shortee $18,000cdn.

Yep I'm staying with my apex mtn and will still try and loose more weight from it if it kills me. For the miles I'm doing in Australia It will run for the next ten years no problem. My other usa sled is a 05 rmk 900 and I tell ya that thing rocks, such a easy sled to boondock a little less weight than the apex but not the power.

Maybe try to look at this from a more positive angle....

We are now the owners of a "limited production run", 4-cylinder mountain-killing monster, the likes of which may never be seen again. Yes, they are heavy, but look at what we actually have here and all the things you can do to make them lighter and have more horsepower than a V8...with 4-stroke reliability. All this in a traditional-style sled that doesn't look like it slammed into a wall at 100MPH. I'm not a Nytro fan, either by looks or how they ride. Pugs are 'cute' dogs, but I don't want a sled that looks like one.... #$%&*

I'd compare all this to the Ford 7.3L T/D engine. Someone at Ford thought it should be smaller and more powerful, so they lowered the displacement and up'd the HP.....and lost durability/reliability. Now when you look back, the majority of the owners of the 7.3 engines swear they were by far the best, most reliable engine and Ford made a huge mistake in doing away with them. I'm one that would agree.

If Yami does come back with a new-and-improved version of Apex Mtn some time in the future, you can be sure it won't be the same as what we own now. And I don't mean that in a positive way.

If you own a late '60's muscle car, you know what I mean..... ;)!

Agreed!

Their dropping the ball and it's all related to the bottom line! This has always been Yamaha's genes....they are focusing on the black ink and being conservative! I think the 06 & 07' Apex Mnt. were the best two years due to price point...affordable and dependable...then the prices started jumping and for no real imporvements! No way I'd pay 13000.00 or even 12000.00 for a new Apex Mnt. today when it's the same thing they sold in 2006 for much less.......Artic Cat and Skidoo are gonna start to pull away in the Mountain segment you watch!

Back