• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RIP Nicky Hayden

Carbide

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'15 Apex X-TX -SOLD
'21 Sidewinder L-TX SE
If you don't follow motorcycle road racing you still may have heard of Nicky Hayden.
A terrific person, a great racer that won the MotoGP championship in 2006, and the best American ambassador the sport has ever seen.

Nicky competed a little over a week ago in World Superbike races at Imola in Italy. A few days later he was out enjoying a bicycle ride and was struck by a car.

Yesterday he succumbed to the injuries he sustained.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/stor...om-injuries-sustained-in-bicycle-crash-052217

Here is my favorite photo of him shortly after the emotions overcame him upon realizing he had won the championship.
aTCm3HZ.jpg
:(

Rest in peace Kentucky Kid.

Last edited:

He was my racing hero. A real hard worker, a very talented racer. It sucks he died so soon. That's why I don't ride a bicycle on the road, only in the woods. The only thing you have to worry about is trees.

If you don't follow motorcycle road racing you still may have heard of Nicky Hayden.
A terrific person, a great racer that won the MotoGP championship in 2006, and the best American ambassador the sport has ever seen.

Nicky competed a little over a week ago in World Superbike races at Imola in Italy. A few days later he was out enjoying a bicycle ride and was struck by a car.

Yesterday he succumbed to the injuries he sustained.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/stor...om-injuries-sustained-in-bicycle-crash-052217

Here is my favorite photo of him shortly after the emotions overcame him upon realizing he had won the championship.
View attachment 128862 :(

Rest in peace Kentucky Kid.

Wow, very sad news indeed. Thanks for the update. I saw him at a race in San Marino Italy last year with Rossi. Nice guy.

Last edited:
When I heard the news I was sad... followed his whole career. A true american hero for the sport. Thoughts and prayer to the family.

Back