• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Risers

I have a set of 2" ROX articulating risers that work fine with the stock cables and wiring on my 05 Vector.

They raise the bars 2" and allow me to rotate them forward as well. BIG improvement!

I ordered all of the '05 RX Mountain cables for my '04 RX-1.

go to www.specialtysled.com and look at these risers i just installed two on mountain rx1's these things are super trick and very well made.
my customer is 6.8" and can stand straight or sit properly when riding up the mountain. had to redo the brake line and make cables will put in a parking brake lever from mountain performance.

picked192

The site is pop-up heaven I could'nt get to the products page some pictures of the riser you taking about

Boss

Here's what I did:
1. Remove stock pad and mountain bar
2. Added 2 inch Powermadd riser block
3. Added 05 Rx M trottle cable (every other cable was fine)
4. AM Mountain bar
5. Bar hooks
6. All the cable plugs were relocated under the cab for a clean look and I then covered the wires with plastic wire protectors.
7. Powermadds

DONE!

Attachments

• Picture 146.jpg
    Picture 146.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,014
  • Picture 148.jpg
    Picture 148.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 246
Warden said:
6. All the cable plugs were relocated under the cab for a clean look and I then covered the wires with plastic wire protectors.

How did you relocate the wiring? Cut and splice?

Maddog said:
Warden said:

How did you relocate the wiring? Cut and splice?

Yupper...but it was done by my dealership. If you're thinking about it, you may see that your hand warmers don't get as hot (still hot but not like stock). Once the bars are exposed you'll see that the metal stays cold which is due to the fact that the bar pad is no longer protecting it.

It's not bad at all...I ride with motocross gloves and I don't have a problem with it.

BlgsRX-1mtn said:
I don't understand how you 6' + guys do it. I'm only 5' 7" tall and my bars are still about 2 inches too low for my liking. I'm still crouching down when I stand so that I can touch my bars. I have a 2" Sportech ABR with a 3/4" MPI solid block under the stock yamaha clamps on my '03 Mountain and a Boss High Rise seat.

im 5'7 to and i got a 4in riser and its still to short so im getting a 6 in. and i already tryed to see if i would have to do anything on it and it dont. its a polaris

sledneck007 said:
BlgsRX-1mtn said:
I don't understand how you 6' + guys do it. I'm only 5' 7" tall and my bars are still about 2 inches too low for my liking. I'm still crouching down when I stand so that I can touch my bars. I have a 2" Sportech ABR with a 3/4" MPI solid block under the stock yamaha clamps on my '03 Mountain and a Boss High Rise seat.

im 5'7 to and i got a 4in riser and its still to short so im getting a 6 in. and i already tryed to see if i would have to do anything on it and it dont. its a polaris

Hehe; I guess I should have updated my response to this thread. I am now sporting Fly Aerotaper Bars with the "Mountain Bend", MPI powder strap, Sportech red chrome Speedguards and 45* billet alluminum bar hooks. They are secured using my 3/4" MPI block riser, the Yamaha Clamps and Sportech ABR pivot adapter from my 2" risers. On this, sits my black powder coated 8" Fly Billet risers toped by a red Fly Aerotaper riser pad.

My wire connections are relocated under the hood using heat shrink waterprooof connectors. The wire is then routed through four (two each side) 3/8" red plastic wire loom. The wire loom on each side are tethered togther by red 5" by 1/2" velcro wire wraps rather than zip ties. All done myself.

I have long throttle cable from MPI (Forum member Linc supplies MPI) and a 40" Stainless brake line from SLP.

Pic attached for those who haven't seen my bars in other threads. The red velcro wire wrap around the botom of the left riser is my new redneck weightless park brake.

Jim

Attachments

• RX-1 with Fly Bars.jpg
    RX-1 with Fly Bars.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 239
Thanks BlgsRX-1mtn for the heads-up on Fly risers and Factoryteam2racing. Got my Fly 7inch risers/Fly adapter plate in place. Nice product and good service too.

7 skulls said:
Thanks BlgsRX-1mtn for the heads-up on Fly risers and Factoryteam2racing. Got my Fly 7inch risers/Fly adapter plate in place. Nice product and good service too.

Your'e welcome ;)! . I love my my Fly setup. Only regret I have with the purchase is; I didn't do it sooner. :drink: Team2Racing definately has great service. I believe they are teamed with WPS (Western Power Sports).

Jim

Back