• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rockland - UP in general

UP conditions, Rockland

Kinger,
Just got back from a 4 day trip starting in Northern WI near Crandon, up through Iron River, to Sidnaw, baraga to chassell, Houghton, Copper Harbor, back to Houghton to Mass City, Rockland, Bergland, Gogebic, to Watersmeet and back down in to WI near Iron river....649 miles total

All UP trails were damn near pristine! Getting near Watersmeet, snow was a little thinner, but VERY good, hard and fast....Lake Gogebic was not good for top speed, but used all my N20 staying ahead of a new CFR 1000....That is a FAST sled in stock form......anywho.....To answer your question.........

FANTASTIC!

Mike

UP conditions

I don't believe I saw any Premium in Copper Harbor. There was premium at the bar in Vansville which is about 30 miles North of Houghton off of trail # 3. There is a big sign and at the intersection and some flags, turn left, it's less than 1/8 of a mile......I think it is right before Phoenix. Go on the Michigan interactive website, that will help get you there. That way you only have 35 miles or so to Copper Harbor, and should be able to make it back as well......?? Not sure what kind of fuel mileage your S/C machine gets......

Mike

There is premium available at the only gas stop in Copper Harbor. I topped of my SRX with premium there a couple of weeks ago.

FYI: Cash only at the Copper Harbor gas stop and the one in Phoenix.

The wife and I will be riding that area again Feb. 19-22. Last March we bumped in to Mike Kroener and his riding group on Brockway Mt. I got to check out his Apex with a Arctic Cat Cross Fire skid installed that was a sweet looking set up.

Maybe we'll run across some other TY'ers this time too.

I'll be the only yamaha it will be hard to miss. Attached is a pict I will be able to pick out your sled as well!!!

Thanks for the info I will have plenty of cash just hoping for premium I can get around 90-110 miles on a tank so that will be great. I have my torco in the back as well if I get stuck with 87 I just dont like to use it. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• new grapics.jpg
    new grapics.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 145
87 in Coper Harbor 3.08
everywhere else 2.65 to 2.84

Premium was about 15 cents higher

UP conditions, Rockland

Kinger,
Almost forgot, trail 133 between Copper Harbor and Gay was

closed this past week, not sure if it will be open when you get there. It is

closed due to flooding from a beaver dam, and logging. I talked to a

couple of gents that took it by accident and it was said to be very bad.

Also a stretch of trail from Sidnaw to Alston (I believe) had 20+ miles

of 8" whoops......Hadn't been groomed in over a week due to a groomer

break down.

Do you really get a 100+ miles on a tank of fuel with the

S/C? That is truly amazing... I might have to look in to that! N20 is

great fun, but runs out WAAAAY too fast.....

Don,
Thanks for the props on the skid, I cannot believe you connected my

name to my sled. I spent quite a bit of time with Ross from Hygear and

have the entire suspension working GREAT. I was not a bit sore after the

650 mile trip. Even put the big girl up in the air about 4 ft and landed

without incident. It landed like a baja race truck, unbleiveable. Now I

need to work on the asthetics of the sleds. With a little luck I can get it to

look even a fraction as nice as ALL of your sleds......

I will be up in the UP again Feb 24th-27th myself........

Mike out......

Yeah it will be on fumes at 100 miles low fuel light comes on around 70-80 miles and you have to be very constant on the throttle no WOT then brake WOT then brake, etc. If your crusing around 60mph she'll do much better then 80+

You can still have fun but if you hammer it you will be hard pressed to see 70 miles on a tank.

Good enough as he sleds I seem to ride with all get worse mpg then mine. The smile is well worth the gas price :)

Back