• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode Revelstoke this weekend New Apex Turbo is Awsome

Stubble Jumper

Veteran
Got the Apex with the MC-XPRESS on the snow in Revelstoke this weekend
and Rode Frisbee Ridge , Boulder , and Area 51. The first day we rode we just tried to keep the sled up right. We had the stabalizer bars out and the sled was so responsive that we had to put them back in. The second day we started playing with the boost and at 12 lbs they were un-real and i had a scare of a life time climbing ( I think it was super bowl ) i got right to the top and TPS acted up and put the sled into stutter mode and i came down bacwards right to the bottom but managed to keep it up right but still don't know how i did it. There was to many people on the bottom watching me have the rodeo to wipe out. One the last day there we rode
area 51 and i cant beleive how these things worked in the trees and fresh powder. I have owned every brand out there and i have to say Yamaha hit the nail on the head with the apex 4 STROKE. I will never own anouther 2 stroke. :yam:

Yeah , the first thing apex turbo owners need to do is disconnect TORS ................mine acted up climbing also , Thankfully I wasn't climbing Turbo mountain at the time. ;)!

snowfix said:
What's TPS and where does a guy disconnect it?

You mean tors ? (throttle overide system) , it's in the wires below the handle bars .................your owners manual tells you how to overide it.

T.O.R.S. might save your life someday............. You should try to
find the cause of problem... (throttle cable adjustement?) before
bypassing it :drink: ...

peteracing said:
T.O.R.S. might save your life someday............. You should try to
find the cause of problem... (throttle cable adjustement?) before
bypassing it :drink: ...

It could cost you your life if it kicks in when you're climbing .Better to go to a tether system.........................TORS Can be activated by other things other than the cable free play adjustment on the fuel injected models.

Area 51 was awsome a couple of feet of fresh untracked snow. Unloaded about 4 km past the power plant and the trail in was good but could us a bit more snow. Once in it was nice riding. Still can't beleive how nice the
apex handles. It side hills better then my old hill climber. And i got 83 km on a tank of fuel. All was great :yam: ;)!

Where did you pick up the turbo at?? I am wanting to get one ordered. How did they do the fuel maping??

viperbusa said:
Where did you pick up the turbo at?? I am wanting to get one ordered. How did they do the fuel maping??

I got one of the first 5 kits with the original fuel mapping and it is perfect.....don't know why they would change it .

Hey Stubble Jumper- do you run out of RDY?

Also- was that your first time at 51? How does it compare to Frisby and Boulder?

I got my kit from Red Deer Yamaha and they treated me really good. They had my sled working great and the fit and finish on there work was some of the best i have had done and seen. I have rode most of the areas in revelstoke and as far as im concerned area 51 is the best far better and more riding area than Keystone and Sale Combined there is every kind of riding from the steep and deep to family riding. It was the first time i rode area 51 but it sure won't be the last. :yam: ;)! :rocks:

It could cost you your life if it kicks in when you're climbing .Better to go to a tether system.........................TORS Can be activated by other things other than the cable free play adjustment on the fuel injected models.

Back