• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode the Rush at the Warrod Race

Mtnviper said:
Polaris needs to fix they're 800 motors first. We've got Dragons out here lunching pistons like crazy. Parts are on back order till who knows when. To make matters worse, they are not even sure what the root cause is. They "think" it is an electrical issue causing a part throttle lean out/burn down.

That is exactly what one of our local Polaris dealer said. He also said Polaris is working with Mercury (Outboards) to figure the 'lean' problem they are having with the 800's.

Why does everyone have to slam a company for going out on a limb and trying to make a BETTER product? The consumers are the clear winners here. I know its a far better suspension than Yami can build, so I assume all the hating is jealousy.

Deadman said:
Why does everyone have to slam a company for going out on a limb and trying to make a BETTER product? The consumers are the clear winners here. I know its a far better suspension than Yami can build, so I assume all the hating is jealousy.
I am not sure its slamming its design,just that some of us me included did jump at the chance to go in an other direction and was not satified,i just came off the 08 rev xp 800x and i even went as far as to install a complete set of zbroz racing shocks to try and cure its handling and harsh small stutter bump problems,well i am back aboard yammi again,and all i can say is GT should say ST for smooth trail,when this sled is set up its hard to beat in 90% of our trails here in Maines hills and rr beds,and i have had 25 years of polaris sleds so i feel i am qualified to talk smak about poos,but i am not,i would like to see poo fix there motors first also doo,needs to fix theres to,but they both need to try and make more and better 4 stroke sleds,now i know doos new 1200 is going to be sweet,but like what poo did with there confusion doo has done to there xps clutching,changed out there jackshaft angle and made it hard to work with and on,and they are very hard on belts,i now have 1910 miles on my original 8dn yammi belt and the wear on it is now less than .010 thousands width loss vrs brand new spare on my belt holder,if i was still on my xp i would have been on my 5th belt,oh no wait a minuete i fixed doos belt problem along with a lot more small things as well,so mine stopped blowing belts,so they all have there problems,but yammi still seems to have the least problems,yes valve your shocks on any yammi,set it up for your riding style and it will be all that and more,as far as poos new attempt at bump sucking suspensions,what they allready had in there edge chassie was fine enough for me.but its all about marketing and selling stuff,me i dont like real light weight machines that go around a corner on one ski,and are so light that when you are out on a lake at 100 plus and a side gust of wind pickes up you snow scooter and moves you over a foot sideways,not for me,but differant strokes for differant folks.

I'm a ScubaPro tech. USD,Dacor,etc. as well. Scuba Pro always just kept improving their line a little at a time. Dacor etc. use to always come out with a radial design. Never stuck with it before coming out with another design. End results were they never had a Regulator line like ScubaPro's..Still don't.
This Rush may be the same situation Snowmachine wise. I can't see myself it lasting. It doesn't seem to have anything much more to offer to snowmachines. It's totally new but not.

Deadman said:

I'm not jealous at all on the new polaris suspension, but I dont like the design on that ugly rear end. I'm not a hard core rider so I'm very satisfied with the mono shock on my 06rtx.

The French car manufacturer citroen makes one of the best cars to drive but I would not have bought one. I think they are ugly and from what I have heard they arent reliable either.

What shall you do with a high tech suspension on a sled when the engine dont work and have no reliablility? I would like to sled around instead of sitting in my garage or in my dealers garage waiting for a repair.

Well, I just wouldn't buy it the first year. And . . . . It is UGLY. The Edsel was actually a pretty good car. But it was UGLY . . . . and it almost put Ford out of business. Hope it doesn't do the same to Polaris - there aren't enough manufacturers out there now - I hope they do well with the meachine.

In the meantime, I'll stick with my Yammis. :-o Wig

I agree the first thing I thought was wow there are going to be some wet riders out there. Who better to know this than a Nytro rider covered in snow dust? I’m not against it, in fact if it truly is progressive it’s a step in the right direction, right? I just want to see how it goes after a year. Some aspects are cool, some, like the open rear end, and the front exchanger, waiting to get destroyed don’t impress me much.

Remember when the 1st "DOO" REV edition 1st came out with that ugly looking BEAVER tail! that didn't last too long, FORWARD seating position that everyone is trying to master/copy! and look all the improvements on today's new XP, "POO" have a starting point and I think they have something that will re-invent the rear suspension in the industry, I personly think they have something good going for them...but I do agree that they have to revise their MOTORS and front ends

What is wrong with the front ends? My kusin has an IQ 600 and it has alot better front end than my Nytro. Tougher and alot smoother over the bumps. The 600 CFI seems way better than the 800 and doesnt eaven want that much gas. Never heard of the 600 having piston problems?

Kråkan said:
What is wrong with the front ends? My kusin has an IQ 600 and it has alot better front end than my Nytro. Tougher and alot smoother over the bumps. The 600 CFI seems way better than the 800 and doesnt eaven want that much gas. Never heard of the 600 having piston problems?

Piston problems are with the 800s. As far as the front end is concerned, the guys I know that have Dragon RMKs, its the non-adjustable Walker Evans shocks. No way to adjust the pressure/preload. A non-adjustable front suspension??!! Dosn't make much sense to me, however the suspension seems to be holding up well. Takes a pretty healthy whack to bend/break something.

Maybe that's why Poo started small on the engine end, to assure the dependability of the sled. I would bet there is LOTS of testing going on with bigger, more powerful mills. It will be exciting to see what develops. Now, if Yammi would do something exciting with their lineup, it would be really great. Turbo Apex/Nytro, anyone?? :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: Wig

apltx08 said:
Remember when the 1st "DOO" REV edition 1st came out with that ugly looking BEAVER tail! that didn't last too long, FORWARD seating position that everyone is trying to master/copy! and look all the improvements on today's new XP, "POO" have a starting point and I think they have something that will re-invent the rear suspension in the industry, I personally think they have something good going for them...

Agreed.

Albert Einstein said it best...

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

I am seriously hoping that the Rush rear suspension starts a second suspension revolution in the snowmobile industry.
(The first was started with the M-10 suspension.)

Sorry to burst any bubbles here, but not everything Yamaha does is the best.
Overall Yamahas' dependability beats about anything out there.

Can tell you that I put a Doo suspension in my Yamaha.
Does it out-perform my old suspension?
By FAR! There is no comparison. Period.
Does it make my Yamaha a bad sled? NO WAY!
Is it possible to improve upon?
Believe definitely so!

The Rush rear suspension has some serious possibilities.

A few things;
It greatly reduces the unsprung weight.
This makes the remaining unsprung weight MUCH easier to control resulting in a much better ride for us.
The heavier the unsprung weight is, the more you have to control it, the more you have to control the weight, the stiffer the suspension gets.
Basically, our current suspensions are a compromise.
You either get a nice soft ride in the small stuff, or a good handling sled in the rough stuff.
It is very tough to get both in the same package.
As you lower the unsprung weight, the amount you have to compromise drops dramatically until there is no compromise at zero unsprung weight.
(Zero unsprung weight is only theoretically possible.)

The RUSH style makes controlling the forces input into it MUCH easier.
It also changes some of the force vectors from upward to forward.
This results in less kick in your butt.

Does it look different?
Sure it does, because it IS different!
From an engineering standpoint, it is ingenious.

Here is what I am hoping, I hope they sell enough to make all the other manufacturers take notice, then we all benefit.

:-o

MCApex44 said:
Yesterday I was at the John Deere dealer which is also a Polaris dealer and I was shocked when he told me the 'Rush' will sell for $10,000-$10,200. For a 600...wow?

Yep, and ltd build for 2010. That is my only real beef with it.

It will be a great sled, and well built like Polaris usually makes them.
Polaris is the only other brand besides Yamaha that overbuilds sleds for durability.

MCApex44 said:
Mtnviper said:
Polaris needs to fix they're 800 motors first. We've got Dragons out here lunching pistons like crazy. Parts are on back order till who knows when. To make matters worse, they are not even sure what the root cause is. They "think" it is an electrical issue causing a part throttle lean out/burn down.

That is exactly what one of our local Polaris dealer said. He also said Polaris is working with Mercury (Outboards) to figure the 'lean' problem they are having with the 800's.

Sounds like Snowtechs suggestion to use iridium NGK plugs pretty much cures the stumble on the CFI 4 sleds (600, 700, and 800 versions). These new CFI2 injector sleds don't have this issue.

As far as 800 CFI reliability, while there have been some issues with pistons, these are greatly exaggerated on forums. Regardless, Polaris stands behind their products better than any of the other brands. They will figure it out.

Back