• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roll Over Kit

Jim Crace

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Viper XTX
Is there a more affordable option for a rollover kit for someone that doesn't ride in the mountains? We had a sled tip over riding in the UP one winter and it was a pain in the butt to re-prime...had to tow it in...just don't want to spend $329 for security...

Is there a more affordable option for a rollover kit for someone that doesn't ride in the mountains? We had a sled tip over riding in the UP one winter and it was a pain in the butt to re-prime...had to tow it in...just don't want to spend $329 for security...
I am retrofitting a sidewinder roll over valve on my 15 viper ltx dx turbo, it's only $46 from country cat, I roll my sled several times a weekend as I ride allot of off trail, hopefully I can try it out in a few weeks and give you some feedback.

Murdered141 are you talking about a roll over valve or a tether? I have the four stokes solutions one and it is far more than a tether. I also have rolled my sled on the bald flat prairie and it worked exactly as advertised.

Murdered141 are you talking about a roll over valve or a tether? I have the four stokes solutions one and it is far more than a tether. I also have rolled my sled on the bald flat prairie and it worked exactly as advertised.

I am just referring to the rollover valve that stops the oil from getting vapor locked. I don't need a tether...

Priming the pump is not that difficult. Remove the vent hose on top of the oil tank that runs to the air box. Plug the oil tank side with your thumb and crank the engine until it starts. The oil tank will pressurize with the vent plugged and push oil to the pump to help prime it.

Priming the pump is not that difficult. Remove the vent hose on top of the oil tank that runs to the air box. Plug the oil tank side with your thumb and crank the engine until it starts. The oil tank will pressurize with the vent plugged and push oil to the pump to help prime it.

Agreed but I thought I remember someone making some type of a ball valve that kept this from happening...was cheap and simple.

4 stroke solutions has a great setup and I'm sure it works great, I already have a tether and just wanted something that would stop the oil flow, when I roll it on its left side I always get some oil that pukes out of my intake and usually make's it's way onto my clutches, some sidewinder guy's are removing the rov cause it blows out the seal on the oil tank but the majority are happy with them and they function good, time will tell.

Last edited:
Most trail riders don't flip their Viper that often. I've only turned mine over once in 3 years so I've never worried about adding devices that could possibly cause additional issues. These sleds already have a ball valve in the vent line that's suppose to stop oil from dumping out so the only thing beyond that is maybe adding a tether to ensure the engine shuts down as quick as possible............possibly before prime is lost.

Last edited:
Most trail riders don't flip their Viper that often. I've only turned mine over once in 3 years so I've never worried about adding a devices that could possibly cause additional issues. These sleds already have a ball valve in the vent line that's suppose to stop oil from dumping out so the only thing beyond that is maybe adding a tether to ensure the engine shuts down as quick as possible............possibly before prime is lost.
Yes viper has a funky ball valve , but unless cleaned annually it tends to stick more time's than not.

Yes viper has a funky ball valve , but unless cleaned annually it tends to stick more time's than not.

Actually very few people have issues with the ball valve and most never clean them. It's the same story.... you hear about it once or twice and now everyone has that problem.

With that said, it is a good idea to clean that ball valve periodically. Preventive maintenance is always good!

Actually very few people have issues with the ball valve and most never clean them. It's the same story.... you hear about it once or twice and now everyone has that problem.
I hear ya grizz, some times I wish I never found this site, I was perfectly happy with my 13 nytro xtx with just an intake, can and trail tank, same with the viper, intake and can mod, now look at my list of mods in my signature, but I love this place and most of the people who make it great

There is a lot of useful information here. Great resource especial for those who have less knowledge about motorsports and are not as mechanically inclined as others.

I am confused about the ball valve that some have mentioned as being already installed on the Viper . I have 2016 Viper LTX-DX and checked with the service department at one of the Yamaha dealerships, they have not heard of this ball valve as stock on my Viper....... I couldn't find it on the parts diagram either. I was going to buy the ROV kit but now am not sure. Are only certain Vipers equipped with the valve. Any help to clear this issue is appreciated!!! Thanks.

Maybe time to find a new dealer? It's a ball inside the oil separator that blocks the oil tank from venting to the air box when tipped over. #34 on diagram. Follow the vent hose on top of the oil tank. It connects to the separator.

2016 Yamaha SRVIPER L TX DX (SR10LDGR) Oil Tank.png

Back