• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rollover valve warranty?

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
if i take my winder in for warranty work will they put the heated rollover valve kit in since i have had it freeze up and blow out chaincase seal?

You meant to say oil tank seal right lol.It all depends on the dealer you go to for the warranty work if they will back you with yamaha.Some dealers do not even know that there is an heated update kit available for the 2017-2019 winders .I was told it was a unannounced factory update and got mine covered under warranty even though warranty was up.

if i take my winder in for warranty work will they put the heated rollover valve kit in since i have had it freeze up and blow out chaincase seal?
Just received the kit you mentioned from country cat,for my 2018 XF 9000 Crosstour .$95 delivered.My dealer stated I did not need one,I asked why is there a kit for 17-19 model year sleds??no answer,so I ordered one.Cat number#0637-533 ‍♂️

Well dealer just called and won't put the kit in.what do i do now?if others had it covered why should mine be any different??

Well dealer just called and won't put the kit in.what do i do now?if others had it covered why should mine be any different??
Some dealers are better than others mine never even new what a roll over valve was let alone cover it

I wanted peace of mind so I ordered a kit to insure I don’t pressurize the oil tank and getting a leak under the coldest conditions. I will do it when all other mods are done at the same time.will get dealers input as to re routing the breather line from air box and over to right foot well .Be safe

Call the dealer back and explain that the new valve is heated so it won't freeze and ask them to call yamaha,just got mine installed under warranty the dealer was skeptical but called and they approved it right away shipped it in 3 days

I just picked mine up they said that they called..can you pm me your receipt so I can show it to my dealer?

I just picked mine up they said that they called..can you pm me your receipt so I can show it to my dealer?
I never picked up the sled yet, if you search roll over valve you will find an invoice on here

Just curious if anyone is Really getting the heated blow off valve covered under warranty. My dealer made an inquiry but was told the heated valve is considered an accessory so Yamaha won’t cover it even though I had a freeze up and my oil tank seal leaked. I called Yamaha customer service. Waited a half hour for someone to answer and was told it isn’t a recall so it’s not covered. They used the same “accessory” terminology that my dealer was told. I said it’s not an accessory. It’s the updated valve Yamaha obviously changed to because they were aware of an issue. Didn’t matter. I said well I guess I’ll just bring it in again and again and get the oil tank resealed each time it blows out While it’s under warranty for the next 3 years. And when it does I’ll make sure I take advantage of the trip interruption coverage to rent a Skidoo.
I’d go out and buy the kit on my own if that were the only thing I needed to do but I’ve already on my own had the site glass sealed, Bought the Barn of Parts heavy duty cross shaft and hose protectors. How many things do we need to do to correct these $15k+ machines?

I'm not, nor do I expect it to be. Might trade up to a 21 though, lol.

Just curious if anyone is Really getting the heated blow off valve covered under warranty. My dealer made an inquiry but was told the heated valve is considered an accessory so Yamaha won’t cover it even though I had a freeze up and my oil tank seal leaked. I called Yamaha customer service. Waited a half hour for someone to answer and was told it isn’t a recall so it’s not covered. They used the same “accessory” terminology that my dealer was told. I said it’s not an accessory. It’s the updated valve Yamaha obviously changed to because they were aware of an issue. Didn’t matter. I said well I guess I’ll just bring it in again and again and get the oil tank resealed each time it blows out While it’s under warranty for the next 3 years. And when it does I’ll make sure I take advantage of the trip interruption coverage to rent a Skidoo.
I’d go out and buy the kit on my own if that were the only thing I needed to do but I’ve already on my own had the site glass sealed, Bought the Barn of Parts heavy duty cross shaft and hose protectors. How many things do we need to do to correct these $15k+ machines?
The dealer told me I have to bring it in with the seal blown out which is bs being that its happened 2 times

I called customer service too and rhey said it wasn't a recall and if i brought it to the dealer and they said i needed it they would cover it,later on it started leaking and i brougjt it to the dealer they said i don't require it, after a long conversation with the service manager they finally called yamaha and they civeted it, seems like some dealers dont have much knoledge about these sleds

Back