• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rouski Wheels

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector ltx GT
2010 MXZ X 1200
Has anyone installed these wheels? I have read the reviews and they appear to be junk.

That said I have dual carbides and no studs. I often find myself stuck. Especially in an icy parking lots.

Has anyone installed these wheels? I have read the reviews and they appear to be junk.

That said I have dual carbides and no studs. I often find myself stuck. Especially in an icy parking lots.
My friend had them on a Doo. One broke and he replaced the set. Next year another one broke and I welded it up for him. The mounts are flimsy and IMO do not stand up. You would be better off with these: https://www.qualipieces.com/en-us/l...rderBy:null&IsDescOrder:false&Index:0&Count:0

I have a set on my wife's polaris Rush (short track) They have worked fine and I like them mostly for loading and around the garage on concrete. We don't use them a ton at Gas stations or road crossings because it's such a short stint that we don't bother getting off the sled and do the work.

That said, we have not had any break on us and are in year two with them.

Last edited:
I concur with Dusty Dan, Qualipieces wheels are best for our front heavy four stroke Yami's. I've tried all the brands and these wheels are best for our sleds. They don't use the ski or carbide bolts to support the wheels. The ski strut is used to support the wheels, so you can leave them deployed all spring, summer and fall without fear of warping your skis.

I concur with Dusty Dan, Qualipieces wheels are best for our front heavy four stroke Yami's. I've tried all the brands and these wheels are best for our sleds. They don't use the ski or carbide bolts to support the wheels. The ski strut is used to support the wheels, so you can leave them deployed all spring, summer and fall without fear of warping your skis.

x2

I have them on two sleds and with the exception of self inflected issues (you know like hitting non movable objects) there have been no problems.

Have them as well and never had a problem. On and off the trailer great. When parking lot is bare drop em down.

I had a set on a 2005 Vector and have a set on my 2017 Vector XTX. First set I loved. Second set doesn't seem to be the same quality. Spring is weak and won't retract the wheels. Paint is flaking all over and the brackets are rusting. They are helpful and were great for ferry crossings in Quebec etc. Just don't see the quality there.

Kimpex is mostly junk now. When it was still "made in Canada" it was quality stuff. Now nothing they produce is really worth buying. Nothing ever fits properly and so on.

Just got my Qualipieces have not installed yet. Tried lifting the front of the SW and tried to imagine sliding a wheel under the ski. HOW THE HECK am I going to pick this ski up and push the wheel under the ski all at the same time? I can't move it, and what about the wheel hardware. I know four stokes where heavy but not sure how this is going to work. I have to give a try obviously but boy its heavy. However, agree with thrasher comment above ... Qualipiece wheels under the strut/spindle is the only way this is going to work.

Just got my Qualipieces have not installed yet. Tried lifting the front of the SW and tried to imagine sliding a wheel under the ski. HOW THE HECK am I going to pick this ski up and push the wheel under the ski all at the same time? I can't move it, and what about the wheel hardware. I know four stokes where heavy but not sure how this is going to work. I have to give a try obviously but boy its heavy. However, agree with thrasher comment above ... Qualipiece wheels under the strut/spindle is the only way this is going to work.

I am ordering Qualipieces wheels for my Apex on Friday so as yet I have no experience with them. I do have experience with Retrax wheels and Rouski. Just grab the ski loop and lift with one hand, while using the other to deploy the wheel. I am 72 and can do it.

I bought a set of Rollerskis. Sled is apart now. Installing new bushings in the spindles. The rollerski does not use the coller and bolt assembly that normally holds the ski in place and allows it to articulate. Figure its prudent to change the bushings before installing wheels.

Plan to assemble this weekend and will report back.

man...I thought I was the only one that happened to lol..camso has prestudded tracks but my sled is new and budget has been blown...lol Joe

Qualipieces rollerski install done on 2020 S-TX GT. IMO I don't believe there are any wheel sled design configurations that addresses these heavy 4-strokes. The rollerski works but I wonder how long (it looks over-stressed). Vendors just seem to keep rolling over the same wheeled product whether its a 2 or a 4-stroke. Because I'm right handed, the right side was harder to lift. IMO again, the wheel needs to be larger diameter and the stud, you put your foot on, should be an inch longer (improve the leverage)

I have pilots 6.9 ski's so I had to keep the Yamaha spacer. The rollerski spindle does not penetrate (go through both sides of the ski) like the original bolt does. It short about 1/4" - 3/8". This distance is made up by screwing a bolt from the other side of the ski into the rollerski. I'm going to disassemble one of the rollerski's tomorrow and get the bolt size, then I'm going to order a 4 longer bolts (304 SS) just to make sure I get all the thread in the rollerski spindle because of the spacer. I would like to see the bolt bottom out in the rollerski spindle, and then go up one size.

I asked Qualipieces, via email, a couple of days ago and asked if pilot 6.9 rollerski's can be installed on a Yamaha with pilot 6.9 ski's. After I did the install I sat down to check my email, and yes, they replied saying: no it wouldn't fit. I replied and sent them pictures. Maybe something is wrong w/ the install but I don't see it. That's why I'd like to bottom out that bolt.

Actually, it is quite easy. I have them on a Vector and the Rollerski wheels have a peg on them so all you have to do is grab the ski loop and lift and at the same time with you foot on the peg, just push until the wheel rolls in under the ski. (harder to explain then to actually do)

Thanks provfisherman - may you have many flags this season, I hope I do.

For the record, the bolt used in my rollerski is M10 x 1.5 x 40mm long. Ordered 5mm and 10mm longer to see which fits best with the pilot ski and the Yamaha rubber/spacer.

Back