• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Routing of rear shock adjustment cable- installation process

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector ltx GT
2010 MXZ X 1200
I just finished powdering and rebuilding my rear LTX suspension. The cable that runs from the dial to the shock is missing. The only thing that is remaining is the actual dial. Does anyone have a picture of how the cable is routed? I am also curious as to how its installed. Do I install the dial back into the tunnel, reinstall the suspension and then route the cable?

Many thanks

I wouldn't bother with replacing the cable at all, unless you are willing to replace it every year or maybe twice a year. These cables are weak and break off every time ice builds up in the suspension, which is most of the time. I replaced mine about 5 times before I got wise. Check out the Mono Shock RA Adjustment Tool at Barn of Parts.
I just rotated my shock to gain easier access to the shock adjustment port, but you don't need to unless you are planning to adjust often. I had the skid out for general maintenance so was easy to rotate the monoshock. I adjusted the shock to setting 11 with a #1 Robertson Screwdriver(10-12 setting works for me). Got a piece of aluminum from a friend at a machine shop and made a plate to cover the RA dial, which doesn't need to be removed either, but the whole RA system was such a pain in the #*$&@, I wanted it gone.

Back