• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rox riser, throttle cable issues

i installed the rox adjustable riser last year without any trouble ...just ran the throttle cable in a different spot
also just bought dthe tool less adjuster levers from rox, I'll post a pic so you can see where the cable runs

I also put on the 3-5 rox riser. After finishing the installation, with the bars highest position - the cable was definately too tight. My trick was to carefully cut a groove thru the foam hadlebar pad which gave it atleast about 1/2" to 1" of relief. Also clipped two of the zip ties to get as much as I could. No problem with TORS.

K-APEX said:
I talked with my dealer today. He rides an APEX as well. He suggested rerouting the throttle cable under the handlebars instead of over the top of the handlebars which is how the sled comes stock. It basically entails disconnecting it from the throttle assembly and then running it under the bars. I'm going to do this as it should give just that extra bit of cable needed. I'm only running a two inch riser so I think this will solve my issue of TORS kicking in when I turn the bars all the way to the left.

This is the method I used last season after experiencing the unwanted throttle activation when turning the bars fully one direction. After routing the cable under the bar I had room to spare. I went up apx. 2.75".

I was able to resolve my TORS issue this past weekend. Again, I have a two inch riser and my TORS would kick in whenever I turned all the way to the left. I repositioned my throttle cable. In stock form it runs above the handlebars and into the throttle assemble on the handlebar. I disconnected the cable from the throttle assembly and ran the cable under the bars and into the throttle assembly. This now prevents so much stretch on the cable and prevents my TORS from kicking in.

Back