• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RPM Surge Just Above Idle

canadianhunter

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Anyone notice an RPM up and down surge at 2300 - 2400 RPM.
Likely only notice cause I was trying to back into a tight spot. I have since put it on a stand and as the RPM are increased to 2300/2400 it surges back and forth. Hard to tell how many RPM it cycles. When increasing RPM slowly it doesn't seem very smooth either.
Going to dealer tomorrow for reverse update so I'll ask.

Mine at start up sounds like it has a bad #*$&@ cam in it. Then it goes away once it warms up.

canadianhunter said:
Does it at all temp. 150, 170 190. 585 miles, not sure how long it's been surging, once I noticed I paid more attention.

Ya that's kind of weird. Does it do it at idle or while moving, maybe join the clutching issues?

mine does it to. noticed it when it was new. has a stutter at about 2400. i usually try keep it running smooth at about 8900.

canadianhunter said:
This is before clutch engagement.

Well good to hear! You dodged a big one there...lol... Maybe a mapping issue, that "should" be fixed as the 2015's have a reflash to the ECU.

YamahaTim said:
Mine at start up sounds like it has a bad #*$&@ cam in it. Then it goes away once it warms up.
Mine too . But not every time at start up just once in awhile ! Then goes away !

Back