• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rpms with Excell header and exhaust

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
My son put an Excell header and exhaust with a fuel controller on his nytro. What rpms should we be targeting? Right now it's 87-8800.

Thanks

I think 8900 is the peak rpm. Im sure others will chime in. Did you add intake?

If you decide to install intake you will have to add weight in the primary or you will over rev at WOT

i have the same from dave at huricane performance. It adds 18 hp with exhaust, pc5, and intake. I had change clutching to optimize the new power. I did a full clutch kit. Just saying. Pulls to 8900 now. Good luck.

i have the same from dave at huricane performance. It adds 18 hp with exhaust, pc5, and intake. I had change clutching to optimize the new power. I did a full clutch kit. Just saying. Pulls to 8900 now. Good luck.

When you changed clutching I assume you used Dave's helix, weights, arms and primary spring? If so, were his weights he installed on his arms the perfect set up...or did u still have to add or take off any weights?

Also..was your clutching all stock before you added his clitch kit?

Yes it was a complete clutch kit from Dave. Rpms were spot on. Yes it was stock before. He also added overdrive.

Back