• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rs Vector /Apex loose steering fix

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector ltx GT
2010 MXZ X 1200
I found a simple fix to pretty much eliminate the loose steering on these machines.

Last summer I replaced every bushing in the front end and much to my dismay it did little to nothing to fix that play between the handle bars and the skiis.

Replace the found thin bushings in the ski spindle and the cross collar. Pictures below. I did it this week and it is mint!

They are a bit of a pain to get out and you need to be very delicate when you install but well worth the effort.

Attachments

• 20201203_185656.jpg
    20201203_185656.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 391
  • 20201203_185727.jpg
    20201203_185727.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 388
  • 20201203_185749.jpg
    20201203_185749.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 384

I found a simple fix to pretty much eliminate the loose steering on these machines.

Last summer I replaced every bushing in the front end and much to my dismay it did little to nothing to fix that play between the handle bars and the skiis.

Replace the found thin bushings in the ski spindle and the cross collar. Pictures below. I did it this week and it is mint!

They are a bit of a pain to get out and you need to be very delicate when you install but well worth the effort.

Nice fix, thanks for sharing. I will add this into FAQ.

So to do both sides you would need 2 item #13 and 4 item # 27 correct?

Just did this to the Apex. Parts were a little worn and this seems to take some of the slop away

Back