• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS vector gauges won’t light up?

Yamaluff 88

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 viper mpi turbo
2007 Phazer
Sled won’t start either. Are these two problems connected? My apex (fuel injected as opposed to the vector that is carbureted) would light up as soon as key turned one position. Checked all fuses and they’re good. Thanks in advance.

Carbed sleds don't light the gauge until engine starts.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Did you check the battery?

I was boosting off my viper....Turned over fine. I guess it’s a fuel problem. I was just getting them out of storage. It’s going to the dealer for a servicing so they’ll get it looked after.

You're call on the service, but the carbed 973 is known to be a bitch after sitting weeks or months. Nothing a stealer has to diagnose for you.

Pull the airbox lid & give it a few shots of carb cleaner into the carbs, it'll fire up.

And put a new battery in it.

You're call on the service, but the carbed 973 is known to be a bitch after sitting weeks or months. Nothing a stealer has to diagnose for you.

Pull the airbox lid & give it a few shots of carb cleaner into the carbs, it'll fire up.

That was gonna be my next suggestion, spot on!

Thnx for the tip.

Fresh gas in the tank and then pressurize the tank. This will force gas into the pumps and carbs that have drained over the summer.

Out courtesy what happens to the gas in carbs and pump?

evaporates over the off season. the 3 cyl are more prone to it than the 4 cyl but both do it. that is why we run ours every month in off season to prevent this.

Back