• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Vector Rear Heat Exchanger?

deerhunter1

Extreme
Hey Guys, I went for a ride today in about 32 degree weather on some hard trails with no fresh snow and my sled over temp light came on a few times. I had to pack some snow on the heat exchangers to get it to cool down. I saw some old posts on hear about a rear heat exchanger but have not been able to find it for sale any where . Does anyone know where I can buy it? I don't have a local yamaha dealer. Does anyone else make one other than yamaha?
Thanks,
Steve

Where are you located?

Year of your Vector?

I'm sure any rear heat exchanger could be made to fit, but Yamaha does offer one, my buddy had one installed on his 07 Attak last season.

To answer your question....I purchased mine from yamaha a few years back. The same problem existed on a lot of the Vectors...constant overheating in low-snow conditions. I made my dealer aware and at the time...yamaha knew of the issue...and offered the part (rear heat exchanger) to you at thier cost. Which was at the time $40. I purchased it and had it installed last year and have not had any overheating issues since. I highly recommend the install. I would look it up online somewhere, and argue the fact that they knew about this problem. Might be able to get it for the same price.

Rear heat exchanger

Deerhunter1, before you spend a lot of $ on a heat exchanger, go to your nearest auto parts store and pick up some Water Wetter for the cooling system. Drain off some coolant and replace with this product. It eliminates air bubbles in the system which causes heat. I was skepticalbut it really worked for me.

radianguy said:
Can you even add a rear exchanger to a shorty?
Added rear heat exchanger to my 2006 Vector shorty before it even hit the snow in 05. At that time they were about $41.00 US but have gone up in price since. I believe it is the same exchanger that was offered for the RX1.

Rode 20 miles of glare ice at 25 degree F yesterday with no overheat problem. Had to keep it under 30 miles per or track clips would get hot. Track was studded.

Be sure to check your coolant also. Many of these sleds came new with way too much antifreeze in the mix. When my sled was new the light came on a few times and I drained some coolant out and added water to make a 50/50 mix and have had no issues since. Straight antifreeze also has less freeze protection than 50/50.

deerhunter1 said:
Hey Guys, I went for a ride today in about 32 degree weather on some hard trails with no fresh snow and my sled over temp light came on a few times. I had to pack some snow on the heat exchangers to get it to cool down. I saw some old posts on hear about a rear heat exchanger but have not been able to find it for sale any where . Does anyone know where I can buy it? I don't have a local yamaha dealer. Does anyone else make one other than yamaha?
Thanks,
Steve
I have a 08 vector it come with a rear heat exchanger ,it works very will

Just bought a non-current 08 Vector and it doesn't have the rear heat exchanger, just a cross over pipe with a bleed hole. Would like to install one as it gets hot with low snow conditions.

Does anyone have a Yamaha part number?

HI
I still cant find a part # from yamaha they told me they made then for a while but they dont have a # if you punch in the #that was on one of the posts it dosnt come up .Do you think the 2008 will fit on a 2005?
Thamks Steve
PS I bought water wetter will try it this weekend.

oldslowsledder said:
Just bought a non-current 08 Vector and it doesn't have the rear heat exchanger, just a cross over pipe with a bleed hole. Would like to install one as it gets hot with low snow conditions.

Does anyone have a Yamaha part number?

Was you machine bought in U S A? Mine was bought in Canada with the rear heat exchanger ( a vector LTX) I think you have to have a long track so there is a spot to put the exchanger

deerhunter1 said:
HI
I still cant find a part # from yamaha they told me they made then for a while but they dont have a # if you punch in the #that was on one of the posts it dosnt come up .Do you think the 2008 will fit on a 2005?
Thamks Steve
PS I bought water wetter will try it this weekend.
Rear Heat ecchanger part numbers:
8ET-1241A-02-00 121" Shorty $161.40
8FT-1241A-00-00 136" LTX $348.32
babbittsonline.com

I tryed that part # bet 1241a0200 on many yamaha part sites but it just keeps coming up no part the one on the sites 8fu1241a0000 is just the cross over pipe were did you find the other ?
thanks STEVE

Back