• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS vector Reverse

GHLYAMMY

Veteran
having an issue getting the sled to fully click into reverse i have tired adjusting it and it just wont click in any ideas? havnt taken it apart yet not really looking forward to it actually lol

What year is it? $10 (?) for a VIP membership will get you access to the repair manual for your sled.

This IS NOT an adjustment that should be played with IMO!

Check all bolts holding the linkage and make sure they are tight. Found a loose one on wifes vector. Top adjustment is suppose to be 1.06" of thread showing with nuts loosen for adjustment. Bottom side adjustment after doing the top is suppose to be 0 mm of adjustment open (making the threaded part longer after loosening both nuts) and then back off 1/4 turn (making slightly shorter)

Pete

Mine is finicky as well. I found that when reverse will not engage, I will need to turn the engine off to engage reverse. Seems any pressure on the jackshaft from the clutches will prevent the reverse gears from meshing. Not a problem unless reverse will not engage at all. There are areas on the linkages for reverse adjustment. It doesn't take much to adjust, so make small adjustments.

Back