• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture GT Coolant Flush and Refill Questions

Black7

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper X-TX
2016 SR Viper S-TX 137 DX
Riders,
I did some searching and have not come up with anything more than the owners manual for changing out the coolant.

The sled is a 2010, and I'm thinking it's time for a flush and refill of the engine coolant.

Does anyone have a link for a repair manual, so that I can get this done prior to off-season storage? Or, possibly, describe how to get it done? Thanks.

Can't provide any links but if you feel you need to do it simply remove both the RH (under the oil tank) and LH (underneath the primary clutch) coolant hoses and let the engine and rear coolers drain out. Raise the rear of the sled with a stand or hoist to make sure you get all the coolant out from the back.
Personally I wouldn't worry about "flushing" the system with some type of chemical or water.

Buy a bottle of Watter Wetter and 2 gallons of name brand 50-50 premixed coolant at your local auto parts store.

Reconnect the hoses. Lift up the FRONT END of the sled 1-2 feet off the ground.

Pour 1/2 gallon of coolant in the top coolant filler then add 1/2 bottle of Watter Wetter. Continue to fill with coolant until full.

Leave the front end up in the air and start the sled and run it until it gets hot. You should see the coolant level go down when the t-stat opens (or sooner). Continue filling until obviously full.

By this time all the air in the system should have escaped. Replace cap and keep an eye on the level when cold as well as the overflow bottle.

This is how I've done liquid cooled sleds for years.

Thanks. That makes sense, now that you spelled it out for me.

I was thinking that there were drain plugs that needed to be pulled.

Why the Water Wetter?

Watter Wetter supposedly prevents bubbles from attaching themselves to the internal metal parts of the engine block thus allowing the coolant to come in contact with more metal. Does this make sense?? LOL!! I did my best to explain the process.

Does it work? Well....lots of engine pro's use it so that's good enough for me. Use it on my vehicles and toys.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the follow-up. I got the stuff today to get the service done. Just have to get out there and do it.

I just changed the LS lower hose on my 05 Vector today. Spec's said 5 quarts fluid. It took 4.5 so I got most of it out and all of the coolers got hot. Any remaining air will work its way out.

I picked up 2 gallons of Prestone 50/50 the other day. I'm thinking the Water Wetter is in the parts stores.

I didn't find too many posts on changing out the coolant. ..Either I'm using a bad search "word", it isn't done too often, or it's too basic a question to ask?:dunno::)

I picked up 2 gallons of Prestone 50/50 the other day. I'm thinking the Water Wetter is in the parts stores.

I didn't find too many posts on changing out the coolant. ..Either I'm using a bad search "word", it isn't done too often, or it's too basic a question to ask?:dunno::)

I dunno! :dunno: Seeing how well coolant/anti freeze is made nowadays, do we get enough hours on these engines for a coolant change to be really needed? I changed it on my 05 at 7500 miles when a stud went thru the front exchanger and now at 17,000 miles when I replaced the lower LH coolant hose. Why not?....it's cheap to do and I like to do lots of PM on my cars and toys. Keeps me out of my wifes hair! :drink:

I get Watter Wetter at my local Advance Auto store. It's made by Red Line Products. (http://www.redlineoil.com/Products.aspx?pcid=10)

can anybody tell me what kind of coolant i should use on a rs venture 2005. thanks

can anybody tell me what kind of coolant i should use on a rs venture 2005. thanks

Personally I would use a name brand 50-50 pre-mix. Orange or green? I have no preference. I still say to add Water Wetter, that is, if it's still available.

Water Wetter is most effective in plain water but my info says it still helps in an anti-freeze mixture.

they make a universal compatible anti freeze that you can buy at canadian tire by prestone.

05 should use the regular green coolant in a 50/50 ratio. I don't trust the "universal" colourless coolants that supposedly work with all types. If it came with green, stay with green. Mixing of colour types can result in blockages and the formation of goo as they don't get along well together.

Water Wetter or equivalent surface tension reducers like Royal Purple Ice does help with heat transfer.

Back