• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture more HP

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SRX Sidewinder LE
Does anyone know if there are any ECU upgrades or anything to give the Venture more power have a 2022

rs venture?

Since it's basically the Apex setup for two-up riding, wouldn't any of the performance packages for the Apex to some extent apply here as well? :dunno:

different engine. if it is a rs venture, it has the 1050 3 cyl that the only ecu upgrades would be for the fx nitro. just clutching it agressive makes a big difference. that is what we did to my brothers 2013 rs venture gt as it was comfort clutched from factory witch was burning the belt in his case.

different engine. if it is a rs venture, it has the 1050 3 cyl that the only ecu upgrades would be for the fx nitro. just clutching it agressive makes a big difference. that is what we did to my brothers 2013 rs venture gt as it was comfort clutched from factory witch was burning the belt in his case.
Interesting this is a buddies of mine he went from apex to this he knew it was less power but wants a touch more

Wrong section. Should be moved to RS section.

The 1050 cc engine in the RS Venture GT (not the plain RS as that's a 998cc) is not quite the same as the Nytro engine. Camshafts are different therefore different tuning so just swapping to a Nytro ECU wouldn't work and may not be compatible.

He could either swap in a Nytro motor or swap the cams into it along with its ECU but the difference between the two is not that much, like 10HP. There could also be a difference in compression ratio that I haven't looked at. Not worth the effort IMHO. If he really misses the Apex power, he could swap in an Apex motor into it. If you look in the tunnel, the fourth hole for the exhaust pipe is there, just closed off, well at least it's there in my GT.

The RS Venture is a luxo barge. It's no slouch but not a speed demon. Might as well just get used to it.

Wrong section. Should be moved to RS section.

The 1050 cc engine in the RS Venture GT (not the plain RS as that's a 998cc) is not quite the same as the Nytro engine. Camshafts are different therefore different tuning so just swapping to a Nytro ECU wouldn't work and may not be compatible.

He could either swap in a Nytro motor or swap the cams into it along with its ECU but the difference between the two is not that much, like 10HP. There could also be a difference in compression ratio that I haven't looked at. Not worth the effort IMHO. If he really misses the Apex power, he could swap in an Apex motor into it. If you look in the tunnel, the fourth hole for the exhaust pipe is there, just closed off, well at least it's there in my GT.

The RS Venture is a luxo barge. It's no slouch but not a speed demon. Might as well just get used to it.

I agree. My wife and I love our Venture GT for what it is. It's still snappy on the trails but misses the long legs on the lake. We got ours up to 85 mph 2up on a really long pull last year. My wife wasn't very happy lol.

Mine performs just as Confused describes, snappy and mid 80s top end.

I had a lot of fun one night taking a friends wife on the two up- he and my wife were riding solo and the Vector/ Apex. She was commenting how “some CRAZY people go over 80 mph on a snowmobile- can you believe it?

” She was saying it as if it was more dangerous than a SPACE FLIGHT LAUNCH. So on the way home I ripped across the lake - with her on the back. I asked her, in the house when all warmed up what she thought of the ride, with the high speed across the lake? She said it was fun.

THen I said well your now one of those CRAZY PEOPLE who have gone over 80 MPH on a snowmobile - she was a great sport and laughed with all of us.

THen I said well your now one of those CRAZY PEOPLE who have gone over 80 MPH on a snowmobile - she was a great sport and laughed with all of us.
So is that a club of some kind? Like the mile high club? :rofl:

I've taken mine up to 140 km/h (87mph) with just my then 340lbs carcass. Will probably be higher now after loosing 70lbs. That's how you reduce weight on a sled!

the newer RS ventures have a 1059cc engine not a 1050cc engine. Only suggestion I could make is that there are 3 engine or riding modes, eco, normal and sport...put it in sport mode and it does go pretty well...how much faster than 80 would you want to go?
Do you have track drone? surprisingly for a big sled they get decent fuel economy. Joe

the newer RS ventures have a 1059cc engine not a 1050cc engine. Only suggestion I could make is that there are 3 engine or riding modes, eco, normal and sport...put it in sport mode and it does go pretty well...how much faster than 80 would you want to go?
Do you have track drone? surprisingly for a big sled they get decent fuel economy. Joe

1049 cc, that hasn't changed since the GT came out. I didn't know the newer ones had different riding modes. That's awesome and wish mine had that.

1049 cc, that hasn't changed since the GT came out. I didn't know the newer ones had different riding modes. That's awesome and wish mine had that.
my bad!! yes 1049..just guilty of typing off th top of my head. I had a Rs Venture DX...it was a very nice sled but with ear troubles all my life I couldn't take the tone of the track drone and ultimately had to let it go, also that I rolled it and scared the misses who wouldn't get back on...ever, but she loves the ride of the Sidewinder STX..no problems...happy wife happy life.
The older 4 stroke Venture's are awesome sleds, I rode them quite a bit, reliable, no track drone. Also used to ride the 2 stroke Ventures, again great sled and we had allot of fun and wonderful memories. Joe

on my brothers, clutching it agressive made it a lot more fun corner to corner and in the powder as it would hoist the nose like an apex when you snapped the throttle, just would power out around the 80mph mark on the long runs. i did get his up to 150kph between killarney and little current on the lake. sucked watching the old 2 stroke venture and my 11 xtx walk away from me as they both do over 100 mph in those conditions.

Back